Ok, so we are not kids anymore. We certainly don't fit into any 20's to 30's group. And sadly, even the "Mid-Singles 31+" events, make us feel old. What to do...what to do?
Why not join us? We are single Latter Day Saints, typically between the ages of 40 years young and "still breathing". Chances are, we all will know who Bob Newhart was, watched Laugh In, saw Saturday Night Fever and can sing the lyrics to Hotel California. So let's get together for some social events, outings, physical activities and spiritual programs where we can have fun, feel comfortable in living our Faith, be ourselves and make new friends. There is so much we can see and do as a group of friends here in this beautiful and vibrant area of Utah. Movie theaters, plays, concerts, restaurants, outdoor activities, Temple attendance and on and on.
We have had activities as far north as Logan and as far south as Payson (and weekends in Sterling are amazing), but generally keep our activities between Salt Lake and Ogden. We try to have members arrange carpools when an event is on the opposite end of the valley (some of the funnest times are carpooling with friends and getting to know that small group). If you find an activity that you would like to share with friends, please let me know and we can work out how to set it up.
So, "carpe diem" and come have some fun!
What we are not: we are not a dating group, but a social group that likes to get together for fun activities. If members decide to date, that is great. We have had some successful relationships and marriages come out of this group. However, first and foremost this group is about getting together with friends. I would like to add a reminder that if you have not been to an activity or do not know members of the group, please do not reach out asking for dates. If you have specific questions about an activity or want to coordinate attending, that is encouraged, but please do not randomly reach out to members like a dating site and start asking for personal details. Instead, come to an activity, meet with friends and have a good time in person. If I get complaints or members feel uncomfortable about any communications, we have in the past had to block individuals that do not treat this group with the respect needed. Please do not let this happen to you.
Briant (group organizer)
• The guideline is you should be 40 years of age or older. This is only a guideline. We will not be asking your age but most of our members are late 40's to mid 60's, some in their 70's. If you are younger you may not be as comfortable with our activities, but we leave it to each individual to decide if you feel comfortable with us. From my perspective all ages are invited to check us out..
• You should be legally single. All divorces should be final.
• Note - We have had quite a few of our members start successful marriages after being members. We refer to them as our "Alumni". We do hold activities where Alumni are encouraged to come join us. These are typically open activities that do not have a size limit. Alumni are expected to come with their spouses.
• You are required to have a recognizable picture of yourself posted upon joining. Please contact me, Briant Cummens if you need assistance to have a picture taken. This helps members recognize you when you come to your first event. If you have a significant issue with a picture, please contact me and we can discuss your specific situation but only on a very exception basis will that be cleared. IF you do not PM me or do not have a picture, your profile will not be approved.
Frequently, a Meetup will be held up in anticipation of the arrival of a member(s) who have RSVP'd indicating they were going to attend, only to have them fail to do so. This is inconsiderate of the attendees and Event Host(s). Therefore, failure to arrive to an event without changing your RSVP status to "NO" within 2 hours of the event start time OR failure to notify the Organizer, Co-organizer or Event Host(s) via text message, email or a phone call, will be deemed a "NO-SHOW". Two (2) "NO-SHOWS" within a one (1) Month period may cause your membership to be cancelled. Please be polite and let us know if your plans change.
• We no longer collect dues. We will have charges for some individual events to cover costs such as a group main dish, decorations or such, but rarely over $5-10 unless it is a big activity. Nobody makes money on these events, in fact many times the host will end up putting in much more to cover costs than what is collected. We do put out a donation jar at some events for those that can contribute. Please be generous in helping . This group helps so many and we do not want to limit anyone attending, but there are costs. So your contributions are appreciated.
• We also have many events that are completely free
• If you find the group of value to you and would like to assist in covering the meetup fees or to help with some of the other costs, you may use either the internal meetup "Chip-in" feature using WEPAY(this has a $.50 +7.5% fee per transaction) or use the organizers paypal link at https://paypal.me/Cummens (which has no fee if you pay as a personal payment using a paypal account or bank account balance). We previously collected $5 annual dues, but have decided to make it voluntary for now. If the costs rise and donations do not cover costs, there may be a request for assistance in the future, but for now costs are covered through activities.
• Agreement to abide by all of the Rules of Membership. These can be found on the "Pages" tab.
• As the group organizer, I try to find activities all along the Wasatch Front and beyond. However, if you have an idea for an activity and are willing to put in a little logistics help and hosting, please suggest your ideas and I can get it posted We are always looking for enjoyable events in the area. Anything you have always wanted to do, but do not want to do on your own. We are a fairly adventerous group, so share your ideas, step it up and join in.