What we're about
This group's goal is to create an INCLUSIVE gaming community that is a safe place for LGBTQIA+ people and their Straight Allies to enjoy Dungeons and Dragons and other Role Play Games.
All participants must adhere to the Safe Space Rules and the Code of Conduct listed below. People interested in being a Dungeon Master/Game Master/ Story Teller in this group please review the Discussion Board posting for new DM's, the DM's Guide.
Facebook: We also have a facebook group so its easier to share D&D info and articles, etc., think about joining that too please.
**Safe Space rules for everyone: no booze or no drugs (we eat our emotional pain so yes to pizza), no abusive behaviour, if we have teens in the group then we will keep it PG, this is not a pick-up group it’s a gaming group, if there is a conflict between players then the Dungeon Master will arbitrate, if there is a conflict with the Dungeon Master, then the Organizer will arbitrate. A Safe Space is a place where anyone can relax and be able to fully express, without fear of being made to feel uncomfortable, unwelcome, or unsafe on account of biological sex, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, cultural background, religious affiliation, age, or physical or mental ability. A place where the rules guard each person’s self-respect and dignity and strongly encourage everyone to respect others. Sound good? Right on, Right on.
CODE of CONDUCT: (Borrowed from the Adventurers League)
BE INCLUSIVE, FUN, AND SAFE!
All D&D Participants are here to have fun and should ALWAYS feel safe and included. All participants (players, Dungeon Masters, and organizers) are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct.
- Participants must conduct themselves in a manner that is conducive to the enjoyment and safety of others at the event.
- Avoid excessively vulgar, sexual, or overly mature language and themes.
- Follow the DMs lead, avoid arguing with the DM or other players over rules.
- Let other players speak, avoid talking over others.
- Avoid excessive cross-talk that is not relevant to the adventure being played.
- Allow other players to get attention from the DM.
- Discourage others from using social media to bully, shame, or intimidate other participants.
- Avoid phone conversations at the table.
- If you must take a call, please excuse yourself from the table until your call is completed.
- No tolerance is given for theft or aggressive behavior.
- Theft and aggressive behavior are grounds for immediate removal from the play area and the premises.
- Aggressive behavior includes threats of or actual physical aggression, using racial, gender, or cultural slurs against another participant, and otherwise harassing other participants.
**WHAT TO DO?
Participants who feel as though they are in an unsafe environment should notify the organizer of the event immediately. Participants noticing disruptive behavior should make those responsible for the behavior aware of their actions. If a participant feels uncomfortable bringing it to the attention of the disruptive individual, the participant should notify the Dungeon Master or Organizer of the event immediately. The Dungeon Master has the right to ask a disruptive player to leave the table and speak with the organizer.
The Organizer has the right to remove a disruptive or aggressive player or Dungeon Master from the play area or premises or meet up group.
WHERE FRIENDSHIPS ARE FORGED AT THE TABLE!
Gaming Stores: Remember its important that we support our FLGS (Friendly Local Games Stores), as they help us grow our community. This MEETUP supports our good friends at Revolution Games (Sandy, Duncan, and Keefer), #100, 3400 14 Street NW , Calgary, AB . Phone: (403) 282-5200 They have a loyalty program that for every $100 spent you get $10 off a purchase. https://www.facebook.com/RevolutionGamesCalgary/
We also play at a great store in Cochrane Rebel Comics in Cochrane;https://www.facebook.com/rebelcomicsinc/
And we love Gamer Sundays at Dickens Pub in Calgary (the burgers are awesome)! https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=dickens%20pub%20calgary
Some helpful links:
D&D Player's Handbook 5th Edition: Check your Local Game Store.
D&D Basic Rules 5th Edition:
D&D Characters sheets and Pre-generated characters:
How to Play D&D YouTube:
How to create a character: