Welcome to LGBTs of the DC/MD Suburbs group! We are a social events and community group for all LGBTQIA+ people.
Our events are generally located in the suburbs but we will occasionally have outings into DC for museum tours and other special events. If you don't see any meetups in your area, or ones that you are interested in, please message the leadership team so we can work on creating more inclusive events!
Come join us for brunch/lunch/dinner, movies, dog park play dates, community events, hiking, kayaking, and more.
Have an event request?
If you want to promote an event that you are affiliated with we ask that you follow these guidelines:
• Message the organizer to have the event posted
• You must be a member of the Meetup group
• You must be able to host the event. If you're performing, you must have a designated point of contact who is a member of the group.
• If you can't host or don't have a point of contact, you can promote the event in the discussions space.
• See Harrassment Policy below
• Do not post private information in public spaces. This includes phone numbers, addresses, places of employment, etc. If you want to share information with a group member, please message them privately.
This is a safe space for all members that identify as LGBTQIA+. As such, we have a Zero Tolerance Harassment Policy.
Harassment of any member on the basis of their race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental ability will not be tolerated. This form of misconduct undermines morale and the integrity of the group.
Any person exhibiting this behavior will be removed from the group.