“Happiness is like a butterfly. It comes and rests quietly on your shoulder when you least expect it.” ~Unknown
“Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive…” ~Anaïs Nin
Retirement (or nearing retirement) is such an interesting time of life! And what better way to navigate these new waters than by socializing with a group of fascinating female friends… each unique and beautiful in her own way! LKN (Lake Norman) Boomer Belles is a group of women who like to get together to go out to eat, play cards or games, walk, share their love of books, theater, and movies, or participate in a variety of other activities. Although most of our events take place in the Lake Norman area and during the weekdays, we occasionally meet in Charlotte or Concord and sometimes do week-end events. Let’s “meet up” to enjoy some happy times with new friends!
If you’re interested in joining our private group, are 55 plus-ish, and agree to follow our policies below, simply click the “Request to Join” button and be sure to upload a recent photo when you apply. After you've had 60 days to see if the group is a good fit, you will be asked to pay an annual membership fee of $5.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our upcoming events!
1. Participate in the good times! Members who have been inactive for a period of 6 months will be removed from the group. You may rejoin when you are able to attend.
2. RSVP Courteously. We want to maintain a good relationship with restaurants and other venues we visit and being able to give them an accurate head-count is paramount.
Restaurants plan staffing, etc. based on the group size they’re expecting. We want to be good customers and also uphold the reputation of our group. Out of respect to the venues we visit and to other members of the group, the following Late Cancellation and No Show policies are in place:
3. No Show Policy: No Show #1 is ignored. After 2 No Shows within 6 months, you will receive a reminder of the policy when you register for another event. No Show #3 within a year will result in your being removed from the group.
4. Late Cancellation Policy: Cancellations without good cause after the RSVPs close will count as No Shows. We know things occasionally happen to make a last minute cancellation necessary, but repeatedly cancelling late is not acceptable.
5. Photo ID Policy: For the safety of all group members, a recent photo of yourself (not clip art, a pet, a cartoon image, etc.) is required. We want our members to be able to recognize each other when gathering at events. Also, please use your real name (only a first name is fine if you prefer).
6. Events are for our group members only and for women only. Local ladies/friends have the opportunity to join the group if they want to attend our events. That said, if you have an out-of-town female guest you’d like to bring to an event, simply message the host to see if there’s a space available.
7. Members are required to keep the Meetup message function turned on. This allows the host to communicate with you without making the message visible to the entire group.
8. This group’s focus is on socializing and meeting new friends. Please respect others’ privacy and don’t use the group for selling, spam, mass invites, or promotion of products, services, or your own businesses. Likewise, please don’t post articles, etc. to the whole group.