- Getting customers
For those in business and those who want to open a business in photography, we will talk about strategies to bring customers and how we can improve our sales. As always bring questions and ideas to share with the group, remember we are not competitors, and not everyone is our customer. So let’s collaborate to improve all the market!
- Questions and Answers
Coming back from a busy season we are having this meetup to share our expertise in photography and answer questions to whom may have them to the best of out knowledge. So bring your pictures, problems in camera settings, lighting, set ups.. etc. And we all do our best to respectfully suggested solutions.
- Shooting in hard locations
This is a very exciting day where we get to practice with our equipment in a hard location. The goal is to learn tips in how to capture appealing pictures even when the location is not the best. We will shoot for one hour and then we will edit for one hour or until we finish. Bring your equipment and your computer with Lightroom or photoshop and lets learn from each other.
- Lighting and posing
Our friend and professional photographer Carrie is inviting us to her home studio for a lighting and posing tips class, you don't want to miss it. Please bring something to take notes and maybe an appetizer to share with our group. We will also ask you to be our model so we can practice and study the lighting techniques. I will only give the address to the people who sign in and are serious about joining us.
- Sharing the Business of Photography
• What we'll do. For March Meetup we will be talking about social media and advertising. Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, Tweeter, etc Everything you need to know and good tips to improve your presence in the platforms One or two of our photographers will show how they edit their pictures using two different programs. • What to bring Bring your laptop, notes and business cards. • Important to know We are using a coffee shop for the Meetup, I definitely encourage everyone to buy a beverage from the location to return the favor.
- Sharing the Business of Photography - Feb topic Website improvements
• For out February Meetup we are having a Wed Designer who is going to talk about website presentation and how to improve our websites to attract the right clients. You don't want to miss this information. Please bring or send me one of your favorites pictures that identify your style. We are will be talking about personal style, how do you shoot, what lighting your prefer, what tools are you using and how is your retouching. • What to bring Bring your laptop, notes and business cards. • Important to know We are using a coffee shop for the Meetup, I had reserve the conference room and I definitely encourage everyone to buy a beverage from the location to cover the cost of the space.