addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

La Crosse Area Writer's Group (LAWG) Message Board › Marketing effort

Marketing effort

Andy
user 5872601
La Crosse, WI
During my literary travels I have run into a number of writers, some good, some bad, some famous, some obscure. Each of them had a niche, a specialty if you will. One afternoon, at a coffee shop that will remain nameless, I had a long conversation with a gentleman named Rufus Townsend.

Mr. Townsend was a writer of alleged humor. He had a substantial portfolio and was actively trying to market his work. He faxed jokes to television shows, he sent very short stories to Reader’s Digest, and had sent manuscripts to agents. He had even entered a local newspaper’s pun contest.

He had sent in ten different puns, in the hope that at least one would win him fame and fortune.

Unfortunately, no pun in ten did.

Now, if had come to the LAWG we could have given him feedback, offered our hints and tips, and he might be the definitive punster. Or not, but at least he would have had a good time…

7:00 pm, Thursday, basement of the clinic. If we aren’t in the usual room go back past the vending room and look for us at the end of the hall, across from and past the elevators. Still in the basement, though…

E-mail me with questions.