After being a member and joining other great events on meet up, I decided I'd like to give it a go and host my own! I have set up this meet up group as I would like to meet new people, and develop new friendships in London.
I have been in London over 6 years and know how hard it is to make friends after everyone has been married off, or had kids! I would like to organise regular after-work drinks, meals out, afternoon tea, park days (weather dependent), coffee and cake (I love the amazing cake shops in London!) and other fun and interesting events around London, not to mention a night out dressed up! Anything goes, so feel free to add any suggestions.
I know how daunting it is to meet new people so I will try my best to introduce everyone at our meet ups and welcome you into the group. So if you leave work on a Friday thinking you want to be out catching up with the girls or on a sunny day you want to be in the park with a picnic and good 'ol girly gossip please join us!
Ideally I would like to move away from the meetup group and have people organise stuff outside of the group, I tried to do that but it there are a few members that sit back and let others organise while they attend most of the organised events - this is not fair on others, if you are really looking to make friends you would keep in touch and organise stuff from time to time. If you think you fit in to this group (letting everyone else do the organising) then this group is not for you!
- I will be putting my own time into organising these meet ups so if you need to cancel it takes no time to message or change your RSVP so that other members do not miss out on a spot or the rest of the group are not waiting for you. No shows will be removed from the group.
- A CLEAR photo of yourself is required on your profile to join this group so we can look out for you at events. You can make this private so only I can see this. I will decline any requests without clear photos of yourselves.
- There is a fee to RSVP to a meet up to cover fees (£2.50), if you RSVP you need to pay the fee, it unfair to RSVP, not pay and not have the intention to attend so someone else miss's out. I will be monitoring this and anyone that continues to do this will be removed from the group.
- Non active members (4 months) will be removed.
- I try to keep the numbers of members below 150 and do a clear out of non active members every couple of months.
- I do not always get a chance to reply to your messages straight away, please give me at least 48 hours rather than expecting a message back within the hour and getting annoyed!!!