What we're about
Did you know? In 2015*:
· 57% of professional positions in the US were held by women
· 25% of professional computing positions in the US were held by women
· 17% of computer and information science bachelor degree earners were women
Ladies Technically Speaking (Bay Area) exists to change these numbers by connecting, encouraging, and empowering women in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. We work towards a future where diversity is a key factor in accelerating the pace of global innovation.
Ladies Technically Speaking was formed in 2015 in the Bay Area, one of the major tech capitals of the world, by a diverse group of dedicated women who are passionate about empowering women in technology. We are sponsored by Nelson Technology, a company specializing in matching top technical talent with companies who need them.
What we offer:
· Lifelong learning and discussion opportunities
· Connections to top professionals and companies seeking technical talent
· Career advice and support
· Fun and camaraderie with your awesome lady colleagues in tech!
Let's share our knowledge, get to know our peers, learn from each other, and excel together. Join us for discussions of technical trends and ideas, top speakers from technology and related fields, training events and happy hours. Everyone who supports diversity in tech is welcome at our events.
*Stats courtesy of Women and Information Technology (https://www.ncwit.org/sites/default/files/resources/btn_03092016_web.pdf).
We were formed before and are not affiliated with Ladies Technically Speaking, Lancaster (PA).