addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Toronto's 25-40 Social Message Board › Notice to All Members: Group Guidelines.

Notice to All Members: Group Guidelines. Please read (Everyone should read these to avoid any future questions). Originally posted: Jul 11, 2006

Closed to new replies

Mauricio
Ago_Vino_Veritas
Group Organizer
Toronto, ON
Post #: 706
So far the group has been run in a pretty Laissez-faire fashion. But as of late a few members have asked for me to post a general set of guidelines regarding the inner workings of the group. No, there are not going to be an endless numbers of rules and regulations. That is just plain silly.

However to maintain and constantly improve the group as a whole I will mention some guidelines that although one would think to be common sense, I have also found to be necessary for me to write down. So without further ado, here we go.

1-) This group was created for members to have fun and to socialize. Not to sell your wares. If you do have a side business, or you are some sort of salesman\promoter that’s great, but do not use this group to advertise or solicit new customers. It is sad when I see an individual trying to blatantly squeeze in their business information in their profiles as if no one would notice:

‘Hi, my name is Bob, I am single live in Toronto and I like cars. In fact, I love cars. If you like cars then that is great because I happen to sell them too! You can contact me at downtown Ford at Bob.Perterson@DowntownFord.ca, #416-549-4583 ext 345 I am in five days a week except on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Let’s make a deal!”

You come off as desperate for the love of sake, so please don’t since I will be deleting the entry anyway. However if you post about an event like, let’s say a Wine Festival in Yorkville or about a Jazz festival on the beaches then by all means go ahead.

2-) We are all adults here. If you cannot make an outing then don’t RSVP “YES.” If you can’t make it, then please be respectful enough to change your RSVP as soon as possible.
If you think you might make it, then click on ‘no’ until you are sure.

Keep in mind that I use those same numbers to approximate reservations at locales. Aside the fact that people not showing up looks bad for the group at the locations we organize, my main concern is to the majority who actually do come out. I always expect a few members not to be able to come out for one reason or other, after all things happen.

But when someone “emails” me with excuses like:
“My internet does not work, that is why I could not make it.” (Hello, you are emaling me)
“My computer broke down and that is why I won’t be able to make it.” (Again... chain to the computer, eh?)
“I had a fat day.”
“I just don’t feel like coming out, because it going to be too hot/cold/freezing/scalding/apocalyptic/ or I might melt… etc.” How can I, or anyone not roll their eyes? Especially since the person does not even bother to change their RSVP?

I do feel like removing you for you trying to taking your organizer for a moron. So please don't. Save us time by simply changing your RSVP or at least be honest.

3-) If people don’t show up to events, bother to email me or at the very least changed your RSVP then I have to question your commitment to the group. And since all the group is asking of you is to left-click on a “yes” button if you are coming and “no” if you are not and stick to it, then I have to question if the group is right for you. Since that is hardly a lot of commitment. Hence why I will just simply remove you, for the sake of the members who do want to come out and meet, socialize and be merry.

I think these statements are pretty fair and that they will improve the group in the long run. If you have any questions then by all means email me.

-M.