• ATTENTION: YOU NEED TO PROVIDE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR ACTIVITIES. LOAPC does not own or rent out canoes, kayaks, or paddling gear.
• A life vest must be worn and kept properly fastened while on the water, and you must sign a trip waiver form to participate.
• All activities are are smoke-free/vape-free/cannabis-free. No alcohol consumption before launch or while paddling.
• Everyone is responsible for his or her own safety on our trips.
Interested in canoeing and kayaking? Join LOAPC! Our Meetup is free to join, and we'll keep you in the loop on upcoming club events. Please join us on the water, and if you like what we do, you can become a dues-paying member, vote in our annual election, and coordinate your own club trips through the appropriate Section Chair.
Membership dues are $10 per year, payable in January and good for the entire year.
(2) Pay your dues one of two ways: either enclose a check for $10 payable to LOAPC with your membership form, or pay online via PayPal on our website at LOAPC.org
LOAPC is a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation formed in 1988 to promote interest in all aspects of human-powered watercraft in the mid-Michigan area. LOAPC has been actively involved in the greater Lansing community on river clean-ups and river-related projects. For the past 24 years, LOAPC has provided opportunities for people interested in canoeing and kayaking to meet other people with the same interests and grow and develop their sport. LOAPC sponsored the creation of the Quiet Water Symposium in 1996 until it formed the Quiet Water Society in 2007. LOAPC also shared membership with rowers in the greater Lansing area until they formed their own separate Lansing Rowing Club in 2007.