What we're about
Singers, acoustic guitar, mandolin and similar instrument players are welcome. We play boleros, ballads, trova, Latin folkloric music, and American and European standards, in English and Spanish. For beginner and intermediate players etc. Acoustic guitars with amps are okay.
Rules for the open mic sessions:
1) Members perform following the open mic style.
2) The sequence to follow for performing is in a circular format according to the order the members are seated, or follow a participation list.
3) Each member has the opportunity to perform one or two songs in each turn depending on how many people is participating. If the performer wants other member(s) to play along with him/her, he or she will decide who, what, and when.
4) There will be a few 10 to 15-minute breaks.
5) This group is not a network group for business, etc. It is only for people that can sing, play an instrument, or if they can’t, they enjoy listening to the musicians performing their art.
6) Most members are bilingual, but many only speak one language. However, we are able to have a good time and understand each other regardless of the language(s) we speak. Music is our common language. We welcome diversity.
7) Members who haven’t RSVPed and/or attended a meeting in 6 months will be withdrawn from the group. If in the future they want to join again, they are welcome to do so. Any question you can send a message to the organizer.