No one use Rails because of application speed. They use Rails because of development speed.
Have you ever heard about Ruby? Or about Rails? If yes - then you will definitely love to try them at this event.
So, let's create a complex Rails application!
Summary of content:
• getting familiar with Ruby
• explore Rails - application structure, essential parts, tools and conventions
• getting familiar with different Ruby gems, how can they extend our app with essential functionality, such as - authentication, admin panel, bootstrap and etc
• looking into how we can build REST JSON API's with Rails
Main workshop goal - explore web development world with Rails, through practice.
• familiar with any OOP language
Ruby(http://www.ruby-lang.org) - dynamic language with elegant syntax, focused on development simplicity and productivity.
Rails(http://rubyonrails.org/) - powerful framework, for rapid web development, focused on conventions over configurations.
Note: The event host will speak in Russian