• Registration, food, networking
• Main event - Swearing, nudity, and other vulnerable positions.
• Lightning talk: Kevin Rutherford - Evolving the kanban board
• Lightning talk: Ian Carroll - Write user stories WITH developers, not for them
• Lightning talk: Slot available (get in touch)
• Tear down - please help us to clear up at the end
Over 3 months I recorded over 30 hours of interviews and spoke to some of the most respected people in the industry to produce an audio documentary that attempts to answer the question “What is safety? And why is it important anyway?”This highly interactive talk will present the findings and guide and challenge you through a journey to understanding safety. Including snippets of interview audio, short interactive sessions and role play exercises we will cover the following topics (without getting arrested):
• Safety, Trust, Courage and Vulnerability
• How leaders can help and hinder safety
• Do we need to trust one another?
• How to swear at work and get away with it
• How to get naked in front of people
About the Speaker:
John has over 17 years of experience working in software engineering as a system administrator, software engineer, technical lead, technical director, development manager and agile coach. He currently runs the consultancy firm Wise Noodles here he helps organisations solve tough technical problems by untangling their people problems. He is also host of The Agile Path Podcast which creates in-depth audio documentaries on the topics that most affect organisations transitioning to agile ways of working.
Doors open at 6.15pm with the talks starting at 7pm.
Refreshments are kindly provided by our awesome sponsors:
• Women In Tech North
• CDL - Creating Powerful Partnerships
• flowcore Engage - The Agile Transformation Tool
• Ian Carroll - Lean & Agile blog
• Solutioneers - Boutique Agile Training & Coaching
• valtech_ where experiences are engineered