This is a 2-hour online ACTIVE introductory workshop for complete beginners to coding.
Your teacher will demonstrate topics, and then you will be given practice exercises you can work through during the session. You will have opportunities to ask for help from the teacher if you get stuck along the way.
By the end of the event, you will be able to:
• Describe the difference between strings, numbers, and boolean types
• Write a simple program that accepts user input and provides a response based on conditional statements
What you need to know/prep beforehand:
• Please plan to join on-time.
• You do not need any coding experience, but you must be comfortable using a computer.
• Please ensure you are running Google Chrome.
This is an Online event!
This event will be hosted online over Zoom at this url: https://zoom.us/j/3244784056
Note: you will be required to install the Zoom conferencing app if you haven't already.
About the host:
This class is being hosted by First Step Coding (https://firststepcoding.com). First Step Coding offers part-time introduction to coding courses. Many students use First Step Coding's 4-week and 8-week courses as springboards into coding bootcamps.