Link visible for attendees
In these uncertain times, the way that we connect and learn online is more important than ever. Join us for the first ever online instalment of the LXD Meetup, where we will be discussing how we can build and maintain learning communities in the virtual realm...
Many of us are part of existing learning communities that are being disrupted and challenged by the spread of Covid-19. Others will be thinking about building new communities to facilitate connections and learning experiences in response to this changing landscape. In both cases we need inspiration and ideas for how to build, grow, maintain and even breathe new life into learning communities in online spaces.
In this afternoon session, you will hear from 3 contributors who will share their experience in building and stewarding learning communities online:
* Lauren Currie, CEO and co-founder at Stride: personalised leadership development in your pocket https://stride.inc/
* Jessica Spencer-Keyse, co-founder at Weaving Lab: envisioning a world where every neighbourhood, network and organisation is woven into a thriving learning ecosystem https://weavinglab.org/
* Christopher Bish, Instructional designer at EdApp: an award winning, mobile first micro-learning platform https://www.edapp.com/
You’ll also get to discuss the topic in small groups and share your own ideas, questions and challenges. We will be looking at some of the following:
* What makes a great online learning community?
* How can we facilitate and maintain engaged relationships online?
* How can we structure learning and interaction in an online space?
* What are some of the challenges and how can we solve them?
4:30 - 5:00 - Intros / context / games
5:00 - 6:00 - Talks / activities (with a break)
6:00 - 6:30 - Idea share / reflection / wrap up
Please note: the money we collect from ticket sales will be donated to the Trussell Trust, to ensure food banks can support vulnerable people during the coronavirus pandemic.