The JVM Thing – Thursday 19th April 2018 @The_JVM_Thing - Free food and drinks!
Presented by Tech companies from around Yorkshire: Sky Betting & Gaming, EE Mobile, Anaplan, Virtual Programmers and more...
As part of Leeds Digital Festival we are holding a series of lightning talks from market leading tech companies in Yorkshire.
Here is an example of talks we have lined up:
1. "JVM and serverless – Kotlin at Skybet scale" - By Alex Stanhope @ Sky Betting & Gaming
2. "Getting functional with Kotlin" - By James Morris: @ Sky Betting & Gaming
3. "Building Full Stack Location Based Applications for the Mobile Industry" - By Serb Ocal @ EE Mobile
4. “200GB, living within your means.” By Mark Jessop @ Anaplan
5. “Using Apache Spark with small data”– By Matt Thornfield @ Virtual Pair Programmers
6. “Formalising Elasticsearch” – By David Turner @ Elastic
7. “Android from Java to Kotlin – An unexpected journey” – By Jaime Bowden @ Sky Betting & Gaming
8. “The Craft Of Pull Request Review” - By Robertas Šetkus @ EE Mobile
Location – Sky Betting & Gaming, 6 Wellington Place , Leeds, LS1 4AP