For March's NodeUpNorth we're joined, once more, by Mark Ibbotson. Following on from his talk on web crawling Mark will this time take us through gaming with Node.
His session will cover:
• Introduction to HTML5 canvas
• Basic shapes and moving them with user input
• Demo-ing some canvas experiments
• Adding extra users to interact on the canvas
• Managing the flow with Node.js and socket.io (http://socket.io/) (basic pong game)
• Calculations and rendering shapes
• Demo-ing a more advanced multiplayer game (2+ people space shooter) and some of the gotcha's encountered therein
• Introduction to more advanced systems like webGl and three.js (http://threejs.org/)
• where you can go from 2d games.
As ever there will be food, drink and prizes and a fantastic community of like minded developers all keen to learn more about Node.js
Please note the group is intended for developers looking to expand their knowledge in a recruiter free zone only so whilst interest from recruitment consultants is nice we have a no recruiters policy.