What we're about
Upcoming events (5)
Trail ride from the Limerick, PA area to Rival Brothers coffee shop in Philadelphia.
We can call it the Spirit of ’76 ride because it is around 76 miles and, hey, it’s Philadelphia!
I did this ride in February of 2020 and stopped for lunch at a cute place called Winnie’s Manayunk. Looking back at my records, I was able to make it back to the car is about 7 and a half hours, this included the aforementioned lunch stop and a 15 minute coffee break at Rival Brothers. This time around I may or may not be a bit slower.
If this sounds like fun to you, please join me!
The ride only has two rules:
1. Have fun
2. Be safe
If you have questions, concerns, or comments, feel free to reach out to me at (828)[masked] Andy
Ride with GPS route link: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36363727
Nasty weather will cancel.
Start time (wheels rolling): 8:30am
Linfield Sports Park
14 Longview Road
Linfield , PA 19468
Note: the GPS lady might tell you the starting location is in Royersford, PA
Valley Preferred Cycling Center
• What we'll do:
RSVP ~ Mandatory!!! Unable to check for messages within 30 minutes of start time.
Fully vaccinated MANDATORY!!! This is more stringent than current LWA guidelines! Liars ~ see consequences below!
PA ~ Masks probably not required for fully vaccinated if maintain required separation (recommended social distancing ~ 6 feet) at sign in and any stops!!! Please carry a mask "just in case". Note: Latest CDC guidelines apply re: outdoor activity for the fully vaccinated.
* All riders must be free of any COVID related symptoms for the past 14 days. If you are feeling sick, please do not ride, stay home!
* No more than 8 riders per this group ride (more stringent than current LWA guidelines). Day-of ride walk-ons will not be permitted - you must RSVP through Meetup to reserve your spot.
* Social Distancing is required. Masks/face coverings must be carried with you at all times and used when within 6 feet of other riders (e.g., in the parking lot, at rest stops, if stopped to help with repairs). Note: Latest CDC guidelines apply re: outdoor activity for the fully vaccinated.
* Side by side riding must remain 6 feet apart, if it is safe to do so.
* Riders recommended to stay 20 feet or more behind the rider in front (about 4 bike lengths). We realize its this is not as easy as it sounds; please do your best. No pace-lines!
* If you must sneeze, cough, blow your nose, etc., safely reposition yourself to ensure that no one is in your slipstream.
* Rides are to be posted with staggered start times. No two rides are to be started at the same time, and at the same location, using the same route.
(Adapted from a store sign concerning shoplifters) Liars & those who do not follow guidelines will be stomped, kicked & beaten! Survivors will be prosecuted!!! Actual implementation only via fantasy!
NO DROP policy. Time will be modified as dictated by weather. No wimps (except ride leader). No whining. Optional: Add climb(s). Rain cancels.
• What to bring
Bike, helmet (required), H2O, cell phone, spare tube(s), tools, etc. ~ you should know the drill by now!
• Important to know
Look for black Toyota Camry Hybrid with rear Thule bike rack.
Route: Always open to suggestions.
RSVPs: REQUIRED. If no RSVPs I might be a few minutes late, or possibly a few minutes early.
Delicate Arch, Arches National Park, Moab, Utah, 6/8/18, Richard.
We will ride out to Kutztown through the college and return to the Velo. We will ride a 13 to 15 mph pace.
All Covid rules apply, if not feeling well please don’t come.
Look for a light gray Toyota Tacoma for sign ups, any questions you can reach me at[masked]