Location visible to members
Let’s Drive and Discover Europe
Summer is finally knocking on the doors, so we thought it is the perfect season to chill out with some exciting outbound trips, so now let’s make it bigger and better, let’s take the wheels on a magical discovery, let’s drive in Europe!
You will drive over some of the most beautiful roads and zip past breathtaking scenery including green plains, rolling hills, and the beautiful countryside. Misty waterfalls mark the way and the glistening glaciers shine in full glory. And the real fun beckons you on the high mountain passes of the Swiss Alps and Italian dolomites.
We have chosen one of the most scenic and spectacular routes in Europe… take our word for it! This drive will cover the beautiful region of Switzerland, Italy, Austria and Germany, perhaps the most unspoiled and picturesque part of Europe.
We will drive through the heart of the Swiss Alps and Italian dolomites, across some of the greatest passes in the Alps, including:
· Susten Pass (http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/susten-pass.html);
· Furka Pass (http://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/switzerland/152-furka-pass-switzerland.html);
· Stelvio Pass (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_Pass);
· the San Bernardino Pass (http://www.planetware.com/tourist-attractions-/san-bernardino-pass-ch-gr-sbp.htm);
· Passo de Pordoi (http://www.alpenfreaks.be/Pordoi.html);
· Passo de gardena (http://www.alpentourer.com/alpine_passes/south_tyrol/groedner_joch/groedner_joch.html).
· Cinque Torri http://www.italy-tours-in-nature.com/cinque-torri.html
Our wheels will keep rolling through the Italian Dolomites and the Austrian Alps, where there will be photo-stops in plenty. Driving on, we will come to our next stop in Fussen, the mesmerizing Neuschwanenstein Castle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuschwanstein_Castle). From here, we drive back to Zurich to catch our flight to Dubai, taking the sweet memories and exhilarating experiences of our lovely road trip!
Tentative Itinerary (21st Aug 2015 (Friday) to 29th Aug 2015 (Saturday), both days inclusive)
Day 1 – Arrive in Zurich from Dubai; drive from Zurich to Engelberg – 90 Km
Day 2 – Engelberg to Sustan Pass and Furka Pass – 160 Km
Day 3 – Engelberg to St Moritz – 240 Km
Day 4 – St. Moritz – Local excursion
Day 5 – St. Moritz to Stelvio Pass to Ortisei – 220 Km
Day 6 – Ortisei to Passo de Pordoi and Passo de gardena – 100 Km
Day 7 – Ortisei to Great Alpine road (Austria) – 170 Km
Day 8 – Alpine Road to Innsbruck to Zurich via Neuschwanenstein Castle and Zurich – 115 km + 240 km
Day 9 – Back to Dubai
Note: The route is safe to drive and has been experienced by our self in Sep 2013. However route or destinations might be altered depending on weather, local conditions, and number of participants.
Approximate Driving: 1,300 KM
Cost: Actual booking amount of hotel & car + Aed 7,00 per person trip fee.
· Standard economy car on rental basis to complete the drive(Twin sharing and single driver basis) Mercedes-Benz A-Class, WW Passat, WW Golf, BMW series 1 or Similar (Each car is subject to T&C of rent a car company)
· Fully comprehensive insurance covering the vehicle and third parties;
· Programmed GPS
· Map of the region
· Other relevant information for the destinations you will visit
· Overnight accommodation on a bed-and-breakfast basis at the hotels, including city taxes (3* & 4* hotels subject to availability);
· Route Marshal and guidance.
· Visa, flights, travel and medical insurance
· Fuel for the car, parking charges, toll or other tariff
· Any meal, food, drinks or refreshment excluding breakfast
· Any optional addition to your rental car
· Any other item(s) not specifically included above.
For Further details please send a PM (personal message) on meetup or email on [masked]
accepting to participate in this Drive, You agree that you have joined us voluntarily and you accept that organizers do not hold any responsibility for loss or damage of property (vehicle etc.). You also agree that you are responsible for your own safety and any act of negligence that endangers the safety of fellow passenger(s) or others.