Needs a location
** Please read carefully; RSVP only if you are sure (don't waste a spot for someone else. We will be taking a limited group. **
** Update: I have visited the location yesterday (Saturday 14th), the drive there is very simple, all road, except the last 1-2km. That can be managed with a 4X2 also, just needs to have clearance. **
** Trip detail to be shared on whatsaap group; make sure you RSVP from a laptop and fill in all the required details. **
This route offers an unusual take on the UAE landscape, veering from soft, shifting sands to hardened and rugged formations, eroded and shaped by harsh winds into fields of fascinating fossilized figures. This route may not take you far from the beaten track, but if you're looking for a beautiful setting to camp out under the stars, picnic as the sun goes down, or take some interesting photographs, then Abu Dhabi's fossil dunes are remarkable natural wonders to admire. Family friendly day trip, open to all vehicles, with good ground clearance.
2:30 - Meet in gas station in AD (people can pray at near by mosque)
3:00 - Drive to location
4:00-5:30 - Explore location
6:00 - BBQ
8:00 - Leave for Home.
- Vehicles with good ground clearance (Prefer 4x4)
- No "open passengers list" for this drive. Only drivers can bring their own guests /passengers.
- Trip meetup points will be shared with the selected members on our trip whatsapp group.
- MUST HAVE Basic and rescue gear (See additional links below)
- MUST HAVE Front / Back recovery points & snatch strap.
What to Bring:
- Enough food/snacks and water/drinks for the duration of the drive.
- If you are planning to BBQ, we will have a BBQ grill available for you to use. (You are welcome to bring you own too).
- Bring your raw food and amenities accordingly.
- Chairs to sit on. (Very Important)
- Fire Wood (2 bundle per car)
- Shisha (for those who smoke)
- Any medication you need.
- Head lamp
- It gets cold in the desert! Be ready!
2 Way Radio Info:
GPS Devices / Apps:
Off-road / Camping / Vehicle Accessories Suppliers:
Disclaimer – please read carefully:
By accepting to participate in this event, You agree that:
(a) Acceptance of your RSVP is only notional, and the Organizers reserve the right to select the final list of attendees.
(b) You are above 18 years of age, and in case you are bringing family or guests below 18, they shall be accompanied by you at all times and remain your sole responsibility.
(c) You have joined us voluntarily and you have the required skills, licenses and permits to be on this trip.
(d) Let’s Drive or the organizers do not hold any responsibility for loss or damage of property (vehicle, gear etc.).
(e) You are responsible for your own safety and any act of negligence by You that endangers the safety of fellow passenger(s) or others.
(f) You give explicit consent to Let’s Drive and the organizers that any photos or videos of you and/or your family/ guests/ pet/ car/ gear taken on this trip (or an earlier trip), whether by the organizers or an attendee may be freely shared, used or published by Let’s Drive or the organizers in any form – print or digital – and/or posted on the group’s social media pages (Meetup/ Facebook/ Whatsapp/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Youtube and the like) for the purposes of illustration, promotion, branding, advertising or marketing or record and You explicitly waive any rights whatsoever to challenge or bring an action against Let’s Drive or the organizers/ hosts for use of such media for the stated purposes.