Needs a location
FOR DIRECT BANK TRANSFER CLICK HERE (https://www.meetup.com/LetsDrive/pages/24743029/LD_Bank_Account_Details/)
- For more details contact the host -[masked]
Wadi Tiwi, Wadi Al Arbaeien, Fins Beach, Bimmah Sink hole & Qantab Beach
If the highway is the pulse of your existence, the rolling wheel your heartbeat, and being one with nature your idea of nirvana, you have to visit Oman…
The land of breathtaking natural beauty, where the rocky-reds of the Hajar Mountains battle with white sandy beaches to meet the aquamarine of the Arabian Sea and Gulf of Oman! This Oman trip is tailored to discover the true spirit of the Bedouin traveler…wild, rustic and spirited, yet respectful of nature.
As we leave Dubai’s dazzling lights behind and traverse the scenic landscape of Oman… plains, plateaus, deserts, mountains, wadis, beaches, even a sinkhole… you instantly realize this is nature’s blessed terrain! The Bedouin spirit guides the way as we wander around, forgetting the rigmarole of corporate life.
There is so much fun and exploration in this trip. Do not miss it for anything :)
Wadi Tiwi, Wadi Arbaeen, Bimmah Sinkhole, Fins White Sand Beach & Qantab Beach(Day-3 Optional)
Long drive, mountain/ seaside roads, beaches, off-road, wadis exploration, walking trek/ swimming/ snorkeling, campfire, barbecue. Boat ride at Qantab Beach (Optional on Day-3)
Day 1 – Thursday, 30th Nov
- Leave our meeting point in Dubai at 5:30 am
- Cross to Oman via Mezyad Border.
- Stop for brunch on the way.
- Reach Tiwi by 1 pm and explore Wadi Tiwi till 5 pm.
- Leave the wadi before sunset and drive to the Fins beach.
- Setup our camp, campfire and BBQ.
- Have a chitchat around the fire.
- Go to sleep.
Day 2 – Friday, 1st Dec
- Wakeup and leave the camp by 8 am.
- Short drive to reach Wadi Shab Resort for a filling breakfast(buffet).
- Head to Wadi Arbaeen to explore the wadi and go trekking to find out the hidden waterfall. Enroute, we take a small detour to Bimmah Sink Hole.
- Leave Wadi Arbeen by 4 pm
- Head to Muscat and check in our hotel rooms by 6 pm.
- Have the rest of the evening to yourself. Relax in the hotel or explore Muscat.
- Those who do not want to stay overnight in Muscat and for the day-3 may drive back to UAE
Day 3 – Saturday, 2nd Dec (Optional)
- Have breakfast and check out the hotel
- Head to Qantab beach for a very scenic boat ride.
- Head back to UAE by afternoon.
AED 100/- per person
- Trip organizing fee
- Friday breakfast at Wadi Shab Resort
Cost does not include -
- Oman visa fee
- UAE exit fee
- Any meals which is not mentioned under inclusions.
- Any other cost which is not mentioned under inclusions.
Additional AED 130/- per person (Optional) for hotel stay with breakfast on Day-2 on twin sharing basis.
**Due to holiday season we have made some advance bookings for limited rooms. Please confirm along with your rsvp if you would like to get a hotel stay on 1st of November.
The additional amount for the hotel should be paid before 25th Nov to secure your booking.
Alternatively you can also make your own hotel arrangements.
- UAE residents (professional category visa) generally get Oman tourist visa on arrival at the Oman border.
- We strongly recommend you to refer to the Royal Oman Police website for latest info:
- Valid passport (not less than six months) is required.
- Oman insurance for your car (you can buy it at the border, if you don’t have it already).
- To save time at the border, please apply for the visa online using the above link.
- The UAE border exit fee – AED 35(Approx)
- Oman Visa fee – AED 50 (Approx)
- Payment is accepted by credit/debit card at the border
- 4X4 preferred, however sedans can reach the wadi entry points and members can be accommodated in other 4X4 cars.
Things to bring:
- Camping gear (tent/ sleeping bag/ chairs/ mat/ light/ torch, etc.)
- Warm clothing
- Trekking shoes, hat, sun block cream, swimming costume/ life-jacket/ floating tube/ snorkel kit (as needed)
- Enough food and drinks (Non Alcoholic) for the trip.
- BBQ Grill, tools, charcoal, bundle of wood.
- Sheesha if you smoke.
- Please ensure your car is in good condition, as the total driving distance is about 1400 – 1500 km.
- Whilst UAE Dirham is generally accepted in Oman, it may help to carry some cash in Omani Riyal for miscellaneous expenses/ groceries.
- Please answer all the meetup questions and provide your mobile number active on WhatsApp.
- Meeting point will be shared with the confirmed members via WhatsApp group.
Disclaimer – please read carefully:
By accepting to participate in this event, You agree that:
(a) Acceptance of your RSVP is only notional, and the Organizers reserve the right to select the final list of attendees.
(b) You are above 18 years of age, and in case you are bringing family or guests below 18, they shall be accompanied by you at all times and remain your sole responsibility.
(c) You have joined us voluntarily and you have the required skills, licenses and permits to be on this trip.
(d) Let’s Drive or the organizers do not hold any responsibility for loss or damage of property (vehicle, gear etc.).
(e) You are responsible for your own safety and any act of negligence by You that endangers the safety of fellow passenger(s) or others.
(f) You give explicit consent to Let’s Drive and the organizers that any photos or videos of you and/or your family/ guests/ pet/ car/ gear taken on this trip (or an earlier trip), whether by the organizers or an attendee may be freely shared, used or published by Let’s Drive or the organizers in any form – print or digital – and/or posted on the group’s social media pages (Meetup/ Facebook/ Whatsapp/ Twitter/ Instagram/ Youtube and the like) for the purposes of illustration, promotion, branding, advertising or marketing or record and You explicitly waive any rights whatsoever to challenge or bring an action against Let’s Drive or the organizers/ hosts for use of such media for the stated purposes.