Do you love piano and music with piano?! Let's get together and share some quality musical experiences.
This group is for piano enthusiasts and players of all skill levels, including dabblers, amateurs, and experts!
Singers & Instrumentalists are Welcome!
Absent advanced musicians, Dan Fogel, group leader, will give a free workshop, and is happy to accompany and singers or instrumentalists who have something beautiful to share, for free!
• Solos: Performing for one another, offering feedback / tips, sharing our favorites, performing for an audience, planning a future concert
• Duets: Sight reading, discovering great repertoire, pairing up and preparing for an informal performance, Round-Robins, sharing our favorites, pairing up by level
• Improvisation: Solos, Duets, Trios, Round-robins, inviting vocalists and other musicians to participate, working off of a given style, sharing expertise, building off of an idea or theme
• Chamber Music: We can pair up for duos with vocalists and other instrumentalist, or form piano trios with various combinations of guest musicians.
• If we have a nice turn-out, we will divide up our meeting time / dates by skill levels, styles, and kind of musical activity. Each group can self-regulate what repertoire, level, and activity it would like to include in its group of active performers according to the criteria above.
There are several possible locations for us to meet, including local libraries, private homes, and retirement communities.
Thank you for joining. We are looking forward to making music together
Enthusiasts and players of all skill levels, including dabblers, amateurs, and experts, will have opportunities to perform for & with one another, as well as discover great repertoire. We'll have solos, duets, improvisation, chamber music, and so much more.
If we have a nice turn-out, we can divide up our meeting time by skill levels, styles, or activity
~ Some feedback from our previous events ~
"Such a nice and supportive group of people to perform and listen to piano with. Looking forward to the next meetup." - Nichole, Flutist & accountant
"This was a fun and inspiring event. Thank you Dan for doing such a great job running the group in such a manner that was both professional and relaxed. You reached out to each person in attendance and everyone had the opportunity to express themselves verbally and musically. I'm glad I was there to meet a few new people and I look forward to future meet ups with this group. Bravo!" - Maureen, Nurse & amateur singer
"I really liked how you get people to improvise" - Carol, amateur pianist & Joni Mitchell lover
"It's always educational and fun." - John, amateur adult student & Information Technology technician
"a fun, low-key social event!" "This is a fun event … believe me … I’ve attended and had a blast!!! - Ellen, piano instructor & recreational music lover
~And people expressed and interest in ~
~ jazz improvisation
~ reading workshop
~ chord / ear-playing playing workshop
~ flute piano duo
~ singing with accompaniment
~ collaborating with other instruments
~more of what we did last time!