What we’re about
We are a User Group-- practicing, exploring, and learning how we can use the open-source (and free) 37 group communication/facilitation methods called Liberating Structures (http://www.liberatingstructures.com/).
We use a theme each time as the container to support our practicing and playing with the structures, which can be combined and used in infinite ways to radically improve how people interact and work together. And you don't need to have any prior experience to join us!
Is this the right group for you?
• Are you a trainer, coach, facilitator, manager, team member, on a board, or working with two or more people?
• Are you constantly annoyed with long, frustrating meetings that end without a concrete result?
• Are you frustrated by presentations or brainstorming that allows for only the loudest voices to be heard?
• Want to get the most out of your creativity and willing to support other colleagues and employees to do the same?
• Do you think that teams produce significantly better results when people can work together well?
If you can answer “Yes!” to any of these questions then you might like our User Group!
You do NOT have to have any prior experience to join us here!
What are the details? What do we do in the meet-up?
It involves a toolbox with 37 simple methods that revolutionize your meetings and can lead to amazing discoveries. And even make them fun ;-)
Each meetup is approximately 2 hours that include three activities:
• networking and sharing among members
• getting & giving help
• learning something new together (action planning!)
We have rotating facilitators (that help design this meet-up in another gathering) so we get to learn AND practice by teaching and sharing with each other. We want to inspire as many people as possible with this new approach. We are convinced that it is possible to create a completely new culture of cooperation and collaboration working with Liberating Structures. There are Communities of Practice all over: Berlin, Hamburg, Cologne, Amsterdam, London, Brussels - and more all the time. You are welcome at any of them!
Join us to learn, and practice fun, easy, and immediately useful micro-tools that will have any group of people you work with engaging on a whole new level!
For background information see:
Lots of resources:
• Website with all structures and suggestions listed above.
• Cards to help you create a "string" (like a chain reaction of connected structures): https://www.amazon.de/Holisticon-Liberating...
• An app. : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?...
The tools are open-source and free to use. We are providing a fun and safe place to practice and learn!
We hold Meetups in English, only to increase diversity, but of course German in small group work or partner work. (Wir möchten in dieser Usergroup die Liberating Structures kennenlernen und das Wissen darüber in die Welt hinaus bringen.) Don't let your confidence in English stop you from coming.