The goal of this meetup is to study scriptures and the work of wise people in order to extrapolate wisdom that would benefit one’s life and that of others. The focus would be on the message rather than messengers and how to utilize that message to create excellence in life.
This meetup encourages questioning, critical thinking, and the use of the faculty of discernment, rather than blind obedience, and conformity. The truth is best perceived when we relieve our conscience from all social, ideological, and psychological obligations, constraints, and prejudices.
"Those who listen to the Word and follow the best meaning in it: those are the ones whom God has guided and those are the ones endowed with understanding." (Quran 39:18)
"thou shalt see with thine own eyes and not through the eyes of others, and shalt know of thine own knowledge and not through the knowledge of thy neighbor." (Bahaullah)
“My son, accept my words. Store up my commands inside you. Let your ears listen to wisdom. Apply your heart to understanding. Call out for the ability to be wise. Cry out for understanding. Look for it as you would look for silver. Search for it as you would search for hidden treasure. Then you will understand how to have respect for the Lord. You will find out how to know God. The Lord gives wisdom. Knowledge and understanding come from his mouth. He stores up success for honest people. He is like a shield to those who live without blame. He guards the path of those who are honest. He watches over the way of his faithful ones. You will understand what is right and honest and fair. You will understand the right way to live.” (Proverbs 2:1-9)
As for the format of our discussion we expect participants to adhere to the following etiquette's:
* We operate in interfaith environment and expect participants to be respectful to other faiths.
* We encourage sharing enlightening thoughts and ideas with the group so that we may all grow intellectually and spiritually. We all may look at the same thing from different perspectives but all strive with varying degrees of success to reach an enlightened conclusion.
* We request participants to RSVP for events and keep them updated and arrive to events on time.
* Harmony of Science & Religion Vision Statement:
The GOAL of Harmony of Science and Religion discussions is to present scientific knowledge and make connections with religious knowledge by exploring the harmony between the two.
The VISION of Harmony of Science and Religion discussions boils down to 3 intentions:
1. To inspire individuals to become "little scientists" in their own lives, encouraging them to DISCOVER & LEARN about themselves and the world around them using the scientific method.
2. To inspire individuals to VALIDATE & INVESTIGATE the truth and sincerely SEEK OUT the harmony of science & religion independently, even outside of these meetings.
3. To use this acquired knowledge in practical ways to improve the quality of life.