Join us for the Literary Resistance Book Club. All you need to do is bring a book you'd like to discuss over a cup of coffee. See you there!
Have post election blues? Want to participate in literary resistance?
The Literary Resistance Book Club is a chance to talk about political and social issues that you encounter in your reading.
Topics range from:
• prison conditions
• environmental protection
• civil rights
• labor laws
How to participate: Choose a passage, statistic, or story from a book that left an impression on you, to share and discuss during the book club meetup.
• Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion by Elizabeth L. Cline
• No Logo by Naomi Klein
• Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets by Svetlana Alexievich
• Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond
• Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right by Arlie Russell Hochschild
• Blood in the Water: The Attica Prison Uprising of 1971 and Its Legacy by Heather Ann Thompson
• Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
Who is welcome: Anyone with a mind open to intellectual and critical discussion of challenging topics.
See you there!