This meetup site is for members of Living Root Dragon Boat who wish to reserve an outrigger canoe. If you are not a member of Living Root and would like to know more, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OC-1 Rules and Policies 1. Please e-mail Christine at email@example.com if you would like to use the OC's, but have never been out on them. You will need to schedule a huli drill with Christine in order to use them on your own.
2. The only people allowed to use the OC's are active Living Root members (consistently coming to at least one practice per week). You cannot bring friends, family members, or anyone who is not a paying member, out on the OC's.
4. You must wear a PFD while using the OCs. Inflatable PFDs are not allowed. There are two PFD's provided in the green box to use, in case you don't own one.
5. The ama should only be rigged to the LEFT side of the boat.
6. OC travel is limited to the Mystic River, Malden River, and Upper and Lower Mystic Lakes. Traveling through the Mystic River Locks is not permitted. Transporting OCs offsite (i.e. strapping one to your car and driving it somewhere) is not allowed.
7. If the OC is in need of repair, please e-mail Christine immediately. With many people using these, repairs are bound to come up. Please don't put away an OC that is broken, without telling anyone.
8. When you are finished with the OC's, please make sure they are all face down, locked up, and covered/bungeed in the tarp. Also, make sure that the green box is locked, and the key is put away in the lockbox, before you leave the site. PLEASE do not take the box key out on the water with you. Keep it in the lock box, while out on the water to avoid accidental lost keys.