This is a group for tennis players looking to have fun, improve their game, and make new friends. This Meetup is accepting new qualified members. Listed below are important requirements for membership:
• Please post a picture that shows enough of your face so that members can identify you when gathering for a group event. If your profile does not show your first and last name, for security purposes we ask that you message the Organizer with your full name. Answer the experience questions in your profile. Participants should be able to play for at least two hours.
• Invitations are emailed to all members in advance of scheduled Meetups. If you plan to attend, please reply with a YES. There is no need to reply if you do not plan to attend. You can change your reply if your plans change. DO NOT be a NO SHOW. A NO SHOW HABIT will get you removed as a MEMBER. If you cancel without providing 24 hours notice, you may be asked to find a substitute.
• Players on the Waitlist should be ready to play. However, we ask that you not show up unless needed. Otherwise, we will have an odd number of players at the courts.
• This Meetup is for adult players only. Members and their guests play at their own risk.
• No beginners, please. Participants are expected to have played tennis on a regular basis for at least two years and have a proficiency equivalent to at least the USTA 3.5 level.
• We are interested in helping other existing tennis meetups in the area, not competing against them.
Please read the information below. By signing up you are agreeing to the following stipulations/policies:
• Attendance Policy: Changing your RSVP LESS THAN 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE COUNTS AS A NO SHOW. Two no-shows or late cancellations result in likely removal from the group.
• If there is any chance that you can’t make it, please show respect for your fellow players and cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
• Please be on time. If you are going to be more than 5 minutes late, please inform the entire group. If you are more than 15 minutes late, the organizer may seek a substitute.
• Communication is essential for a well-run tennis Meetup. Please check your phone in the hours and minutes before the Meetup begins, as changes may occur. Weather, site conditions, traffic, cancellations, and other factors regularly cause changes leading up to an event.
• Please provide the event host with your cell number to expedite communication. If you can't forward your cell number, please don't sign up.
• If you are going to sign up with a +1, for planning purposes please message the organizer with the first name and last initial of your guest, their approximate USTA level, and their cell number.
• We welcome and need new members, but first-time participants sometimes do not take our events seriously. Many first-timers have not shown up for events to which they have RSVPed, causing a problem for the rest of the group. For that reason, first-time participants need to speak with the Organizer and provide a cell phone number before they can RSVP for an event. New members may be asked to serve as a substitute before attending their first session. Thank you for your understanding.
• Please DO NOT show up at the site expecting to play unless your name appears in the list of players attending or you have received oral or written confirmation from the organizer.
• Tennis superstars Roger Federer, Emma Raducanu, and Maria Sharapova are part of the group and may (you never know!) show up and play. Also, their likenesses are used by the Organizer as placeholders to allow for the participation of family, close friends, and last-minute substitutes.