What we're about
*** To participate in events with this group, you must be fully vaccinated ***
To join this group, we require a profile photo with a clear view of your face (just YOU, not you and 10 of your closest friends...).
The LoLo North Shore Food and Fun group schedules adult-oriented events mostly in North and West Vancouver, primarily the Lower Lonsdale (LoLo) area, though we have been known to cross the occasional bridge or body of water! Come out and meet new people from your community. Join us for dinner at one of the North Shore’s amazing restaurants. Or reconnect with nature on one of the many local trails.
Couple of things to be mindful of:
• It should go without saying, but sadly, not always the case. Rude or disrespectful behavior will not be tolerated. Will result in immediate ban from the group.
• If you are not able to make it to an event, change your RSVP in a timely manner so someone from the wait list can take your spot or so the Organizer can change the reservation headcount.
• For restaurants where a reservation is made, please be respectful to both the group and the restaurant.
- RESTAURANT NO SHOWS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, regardless of whether a reservation is required. YOU WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE MEETUP GROUP.
- If you No Show for other events, such as walks or hikes, 2 strikes and you will be removed from the group.
• For physical activities, please note the required minimum fitness level for the activity you are signing up for. While some of the hikes we do are rated Easy, others do require a higher level of fitness. If you are signing up for a 3+ hour hike, please bring the 10 Essentials, per North Shore Search and Rescue. The North Shore mountains are wilderness. Dress appropriately for the terrain and the weather. Each hiker is responsible for their own gear and safety. Make sure you bring adequate food, water, warm clothes, sunscreen, bug spray, first aid, etc
To help offset the annual fee I pay to Meetup.com (what, you thought it was free...?), we will be charging a nominal annual fee of $10 per person. This will be collected at the second meetup event you attend and then annually on your anniversary. Any extra money collected for the year will be donated to North Shore Search and Rescue.
And if you are interested in hosting events, let Brian or I know and we'll set you up as an Event Host. The more the merrier!
Look forward to seeing you at upcoming events.
Lolo Leadership Team
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (598)
This content is available only to members