addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

London Organizational Learning Meetup Message Board › Questions about Action Science

Questions about Action Science

A former member
Post #: 151
What is the basic aim of Action Science? From my understanding, the aim is to increase the professional effectiveness of individuals and, thereby, of the organizations they work in.

What other two major factors influence the effectiveness of organizations? (We can safely presume that an organization with individual who are highly skilled in action science would be more effective than an organization characterized by high levels of interpersonal competition, little sharing of important information, and low trust levels.) What else is there? How important are those other things?

(Are those rhetorical questions? Maybe. I have my own answers which might be instructive but I'm more interested in learning what others think about this.)

It seems that there's a "micro-level" factor that Argyris discussed occasionally (but more frequently in his later work, as though he missed it early on) and a "macro-level" factor which he doesn't seem to discuss directly.