Join us for an evening of collaboration, exchanging ideas and being inspired. Eclipse Converge is an event focussed on the collaborative working groups within the Eclipse open source community:
• LocationTech (https://www.locationtech.org)
• IoT (http://iot.eclipse.org/)
• Science (https://science.eclipse.org/)
We will have a networking break in the middle of the evening, as well as food and beverages for those attending.
18.00 - Socializing
18.30 - Welcome Tracy Miranda, Kichwa Coders
• Introduction to Geovation Luke Hampson/Alex Wrottesley, Geovation Hub
• GeoGig: A Git-Like Approach To Geospatial, Joe Allnut, Ordnance Survey
This talk looks at how you can manage distributed geospatial datasets using GeoGig, an open source tool that draws inspiration from the Git version control system.
• Data Analysis and Visualisations with DawnSci, Jacob Filik, Diamond Light Source
How scientists at the UK's synchrotron use the open source DawnSci components to build complex tools for the analysis and visualisation of large datasets.
• A Brief Overview of Eclipse IoT: What's There? What's Still Needed?, Boris Adryan, ThingsLearn
Eclipse IoT provides many open source IoT projects such as Paho, an implementation of MQTT. This talk gives an overview of what is available and what is still needed to build IoT solutions using only open source.
19.30 - Break
• The Oxford Flood Network, David Simpson, Nominet
An under-the-hood look at the the Oxford Flood Network, a complete end-to-end IoT solution featuring sensors, IoT tools, datastores, data analytics and geo-visualisation tools.
• Open Source and the Price of Butter, Andrea Ross, Eclipse Foundation
Open source insights from the Director of Ecosystems at the Eclipse Foundation
• Wrap up & Quiz, Tracy Miranda, Kichwa Coders
21.00 - Pub
Eclipse Converge has been generously supported by the Geovation Hub.