addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London European Club Message Board › London European Club September newsletter

London European Club September newsletter

This message board is read-only.

user 6934588
Group Organizer
London, GB
Dear Europeans,

yes it is another new month ahead of us, this time September, a month that marks the end of summer (that never was in England), going back to school, starting a new job ...congratulations to those of you who have started new jobs recently, to the rest of you who are still searching good luck, September is a great month to find a new job as all the HR people are back from holiday.

Those of you who are new to the Club are probably wondering what prompted me to send you this email. Well I send a newsletter once a month just to keep you all informed about what is going on in the Club, inform you about the rules, forthcoming events.... As there are many new members I also feel that I need to briefly explain why this Club was started, more than a year ago.

The London European Club was never meant to be an exclusive Club for Europeans, it is for everyone who is interested in different European cultures. The aim of the Club was to promote European cultures through a variety of events and to open space for a political debate to everyone who is interested in European issues. Looking at the events from the past year I think we have done a lot, so if anyone has doubts what the group is about, please look at past events. The London European Club was never about Europe that Anders Breivik thought was lost and was prepared to kill for because there never was such a Europe. The Club is also open to Europeans who come from European countries that are non EU members, so Norwegians, Swiss, Russians and Turks are just as welcome as Albanians, Icelandic and Montenegrins.

That cleared and out of the way I would like to let you know that the organisers of the European Club are working very hard on preparing new and interesting events, so keep on checking the calendar. There are already nine events announced in September, but there are a few more that are just being drafted. If you like parties, there is a Polish one coming up, if you like the countriside we are going to the Chilterns, if you like travelling to unusual destinationswe are going for a week to Macedonia, if you like a political debate we are going to listen to a talk on Leaderless Revolutions and see a documentary about the murder of a Russian journalist by Neo Nazis. For those of you who like practicing your French we have a French film and admirers of French art can go to see the Toulouse Lautrec and Jane Avril exhibition in Somerset House.

We are also working on events for October, November and December, in cooperation with cultural centres, film festivals, you will be spoiled for choice. We also have a few weekends to the countriside planned for all of you who are keen walkers. If you have been a member of the Club for a while, but haven't been to any of our events now is really the time to come and meet the new members as well as those coming back from holiday. Talking about holiday, I am away for two weeks in September so please enjoy the Club's events responsibly and look after it for me.

Although I am away, the three "no show" ban will still be in force and I will keep on deleting profiles inactive for more than six months so there is more space for new and active members. PLEASE keep on recommending us to friends, neighbours, colleagues and random curious strangers. And tell them to write a profile because people without profiles can't become members. Which reminds me to ask you to look at your own profile and see if you can add something more to it the just "hi" or "I am new in town" because that doesn't really say much about you.

All of you who have been to one of our events have my meetup mobile number. I really appreciate that you are not using it to ask me for directions. If on the other hand you feel inspired to give a huge donation to the Club after you receive a bonus or win the lottery or if you want to mention us in your will don't hesitate to call me, I'd be very happy to have a chat with you and be of assistance.

So I will leave you with that noble thought (to donate to your Club) and wish you a great month ahead. OK if you don't have money to donate we appreciate your time and ideas too. So if you have a burning desire to become an event organiser drop me a note.

Best regards,

Maja (pronounced Maya)