addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Historical Fiction Book Group Message Board › London Historical Fiction Book Group - Update

London Historical Fiction Book Group - Update

Justin
user 7750145
Group Organizer
London, GB
Hi everyone
Firstly, thanks to everyone who came along last night to our meetup to discuss "The Winter Palace". Quite a wide range of responses to the book, from "I loved it" to "I didn't think much of it"! One common theme was a feeling that the book dragged particularly in its middle section. Thanks to all for contributing to a lively discussion as always.
Nice to see a few new faces - hope we'll see you again. Those who hoped to come but were unable to make it - we missed you but understand!
Our next meetup is on Monday 22 July to discuss "Jezebel" by Eleanor de Jong.
After that, I've scheduled a meetup on Monday 2 September. Please send me any suggestions for a book to discuss then. I'll put up a shortlist for us to vote on in the next couple of weeks.
All details of the meetups at our home page:
http://www.meetup.com/London-Historical-Fiction-Book-Group/­
You can RSVP at any time and please keep your status up to date if your availability changes.
I will probably also schedule another social-only meetup at some point soon if that appeals.
----------
If anyone else is interested in chairing the discussion at a future meetup, do let me know. More than happy for others to pitch in.
----------
Finally, if any is interested in chatting about historical fiction more generally, there are monthly meetings of the London chapter of the Historical Novel Society. The next one is this coming Saturday lunchtime (8 June) in South Kensington. So, if you're free and fancy schmoozing with other historical fiction enthusiasts over a pub lunch, drop me a line for more information.
There is no formal connection between this organisation and our book group, but you'll see some of the same familiar faces!
----------
Enjoy the nice weather for as long as it lasts.
All the best
Justin