I hope you all had a great finish to the summer and your autumn is headed in the right direction. We've got some very interesting content for you to sink your teeth in! AVI Networks have kindly provided the place and content for us to enjoy. For those of you familiar with the OpenStack Meetup, you will be familiar.
Running a few containers in a dev/test environment with standard tools is very different from running large clusters with thousands of containers supporting production applications. When it is time to deploy these applications in a production environment, whether on premise or a public cloud such as AWS or Azure, there are various application services needed and practical considerations to be taken care of for a successful deployment.
In this session, Roberto will discuss the need for an ingress controller and an intra-cluster traffic manager and demonstrate how to:
• Deploy a service mesh in an OpenShift cluster
• Configure the cluster to collect real-time insights into app traffic
• Enforce security via micro-segmentation
• Plan for day 2 operations such as availability, upgrades, migrations, etc.
• Scale elastically for unplanned app traffic spikes
• Ensure application and resource availability
• Execute blue-green graceful migrations and upgrades