This group is for passive DIY investors, and for those who want to become passive DIY investors. We are primarily concerned with ETF portfolios, but people who use OEICs are also welcome. Topic we discuss include:
- What is an ETF (exchange traded fund)? What's inside an ETF?
- How do I invest in ETFs? What does it cost to invest in ETFs?
- What does a good ETF look like? What are the risks of investing in ETFs?
- How can I research ETFs?
- How do I decide on an asset allocation strategy, and construct a suitable ETF portfolio?
- Are lazy portfolios as good as properly diversified ones?
- Should I use smart beta / factor ETFs?
- How and when should I rebalance my portfolio?
- Are the problems of living off my portfolio in retirement (decumulation) the same as those of building up my portfolio in the first place?
This Meetup group and any presentations therein do not constitute financial advice. Please do your own research (DYOR). If you're unsure, consider contacting a suitably qualified financial adviser. The value of your investments can go down as well as up and you may get back less than you originally invested.