**SEE CHANGE OF VENUE DUE TO POPULARITY**
The workshop will now take place at an alternative WeWork that is located next door to the original address - please come along to:
8 Devonshire Square London EC2M 4PL
***Due to feedback from Meetup members and other attendees, we've made a slight change to the format of the workshop.
We will stick to the same agenda but we will cover more data engineering and data science techniques with a broader data set, rather than just customer review data. See below for details of the update.
Data Engineers, Architects, Scientists & data enthusiasts are invited to join us for an evening of ingesting, transforming, querying and advanced analytics.
See how easy it is to leverage a big data platform, using Presto, Apache Spark, and Machine Learning to process all types of big data workloads that enables organisations to manage growth and complexity, react faster to customer needs, and improve collaboration–all at the same time.
This workshop walks through various stages of a typical big data analyses and processing workflow:
- Ingest structured and unstructured data from external sources stored
in different formats
- Transform it into a query-able format
- Correlate structured and unstructured datasets to answer business
- Use advanced Data Mining technique to gain further insights
- Data visualisation
- Save Data Mining application and queries to GitHub for iterative
development and collaboration
- 6-6:15 pm - Doors Open (Drinks + Snacks)
- 6:15-6:25 pm - Introduction to Qubole's adaptive serverless big data
- 6:25-7:55 pm - Workshop Session
- 7:55-8:00 pm - Ask an Architect + Mingling (Drinks + Snacks)