What we're about
The London Writers’ Meetup is a friendly, informal get-together for screenwriters, novelists and playwrights to meet once a month, network and chat about writing. Our lofty aim is to…
- Hold each other accountable to our writing goals
- Share tips about how to develop good writing habits and overcome procrastination
- Share knowledge – about courses we’ve been on, books we’ve read, about how best to sell ourselves and our work and which publishers, producers, agents and schemes are currently accepting work
- Support each other through our blocks and crises of confidence
- Discuss our ideas
- And last but not least, celebrate our successes and commiserate our failures
We’re stronger together, so come along and join us for a drink and a chat.
Don’t be afraid to come on your own, we will welcome you in.
We meet the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 7.30pm via zoom or Google Meet.
If you fancy it, just RSVP and come along.
I'm Katy Segrove - I earn my living as a screenwriter (mostly writing children's animation).
I'm also a writing coach - I run Pick Up Your Pen.
My focus is helping ambitious writers who are struggling to sit down and write (or sit down and sell their writing) - maybe because of self-doubt, or a block - or simply good old fashioned procrastination. Whatever it is, I get writers writing (and selling) every day.
Find out more here: https://pickupyourpen.com/
I also have a **free** 7-day course - perfect for anyone keen to kickstart a writing routine. You get a new lesson each day by email for 7 days.
It covers everything from generating ideas to facing your fears to setting a goal and beating procrastination.
Looking for writing tips? I have a blog: https://pickupyourpen.com/tips/
I host the meetup with the wonderful screenwriter and novelist Tim Guest - https://trguest.com/