addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

London Life Drawing (previously: Bethnal Green Life Drawing) Message Board › The next "Back-to-Basics" Course starts 22 Jan 2010 (Bethnal Green Life Draw

The next "Back-to-Basics" Course starts 22 Jan 2010 (Bethnal Green Life Drawing Class)

Adrian D.
user 7430109
Group Organizer
London, GB
This course teaches, over 10 weeks, all the tips and tricks artists use to draw the human figure - "insider information" so to speak, shortcuts that help us draw the human figure more effectively.
Each session focuses in depth on one specific aspect of life drawing, such as: measuring, foreshortening, drawing hands & feet, facial features and so on – we look at all those aspects which typically are not so straightforward. Whether beginner or more advanced, everyone can benefit from going back to the basics of their art!

Over centuries, artists have developed techniques that almost act as shortcuts for the more difficult aspects of figuredrawing – and these techniques are what we learn and practice in this course. Basic anatomy is included in each session, but practice-based, not in form of lectures.

The entire course is 100% focused on practice – that means, all elements of theory are put straight into practice (no boring lectures). Because the only way we can fully understand ideas and concepts is by experiencing them ourselves: you will be gaining hours upon hours of drawing experience.

Past students’ feedback shows that this course is extremely valuable to anyone who wants to draw in life rooms:
"The step by step approach was invaluble is helping me to really look at the figure and turn what I saw into a believable drawing. Despite having drawn for years the back-to-basics course helped to learn techniques that I now use constantly when I draw and has above all helped turned something 3d into a 2d medium". Clare Davidson, Aug. 2009.

If interested in this (or one of the upcoming) course, please go to my website and download the flyer and/or the booking form at this link: http://www.adriandutt...­

Don't hesitate to email or phone if you need further information.

warm wishes
Adrian Dutton