What we're about
Enjoy playing badminton and meeting new friends? Join us at the London Social Badminton Meet Up!
We are a friendly and fun group with people from all around the world. We love badminton, we love socialising, we love socialising while playing badminton - you get the idea. So come along - keep fit, meet other badminton players, and have fun!
We play four days a week, each session has 4 courts and we use nylon Yonex Mavis 600 shuttles:
- Mon - 7-9pm (2 hrs) - Chobham Academy, E15 2ER - Stratford - £7
- Weds - 7-10pm (3 hrs) - Chobham Academy, E15 2ER - Stratford - £8
- Thurs - 7-9pm (2 hrs) - Chobham Academy, E15 2ER - Stratford - £7
- Sat - 2-5pm (3hrs) - TBD
We also run coaching sessions from time to time, please see our events details for the latest sessions.
Grace & team x
NO SHOWS AND LATE CANCELLATION POLICY
We need your help to make it fair for others who want to play. These rules will apply to you:
- All no-shows or late cancellations (24 hrs or less) will be charged if your spot is not taken by someone else - you will have a title next to your name with the amount and date owed.
- Members with 3 no shows/late cancellations will be removed from the group unless outstanding payment is received
- The late cancellation policy is set up to discourage last-minute cancellations and therefore applies with or without the presence of a waitlist
- Note: If you are on the Waitlist and a spot becomes available, you will automatically be bumped onto the On list provided the event has not yet started. It is your responsibility to remove yourself from the Waitlist if you can no longer make it to avoid being charged a no-show if someone cancels late.
IS THE CLUB OPEN TO BEGINNERS?
- Yes. The majority of members are intermediate level but we have beginners and advanced players as well. It would be helpful if you have looked up the rules and basics before you come though!
HOW DO I PAY?
- We are going cashless, please pay the session fee by 5pm of the session day
- If no payment is received by 5pm on the session day, you may be removed from the list to allow for someone on the waitlist to take the spot
- Please use “your meetup name + date of event” as payment reference
- Account name: Jinghan Zhao
- Sort code: 04-00-04
- Account number: 5013 9389
THE LIST IS FULL, CAN I COME?
- No, but you can add yourself to the waitlist so that when someone cancels, you WILL get a spot in the order of RSVP. (Just make sure to check if you've been 'given' a spot to avoid being charged No Show.)
I DON'T HAVE A RACKET, CAN I HIRE ONE?
- We are currently not hiring rackets out due to the pandemic as it is not sanitary to do so.
CAN I PUT MY BIKE SOMEWHERE?
- Unfortunately we are not allowed to bring bikes inside the sports hall. The bikes can be stored at the bike rack near the bridge stairs. This is at the back of the sports hall, which you can access through the glass doors at the end of the corridor. Under no circumstances must anyone ride through the school corridors, all members must get off their bike when entering the school and carry their bike through the ground to the bike rack. This is to avoid any tyre tracks being left on the flooring especially in the wet conditions which will not only leave marks but will be a health and safety concerns for leaving the floor wet.
IS THERE CHANGING ROOM & SHOWER?
- Yes, both, however, these are not frequently cleaned after school hours. Please use at your own risk.
DO I NEED TO BRING MY OWN SHUTTLECOCKS?
- No, it's included in the price, we use Yonex Mavis 600 Nylon shuttlecocks.
IS THERE ANY MEMBER DISCOUNTS FOR STUFF?
- Yes, we negotiated a 2.5% off sports equipment at http://www.tennisnuts.com, use the code FAT9IGYJ at check out in the Promotional Code field
Re Insurance: we are an informal, social group so are not covered by any insurance. So please note we are not responsible for any injuries or lost occurred as a result of your participation. Please arrange your own if would like to be covered. You are advised to always do (and please do!) warm-up before playing.