This event is open to all SIGGRAPH attendees. There is no cost for this event; however, you must meet the ACM SIGGRAPH admission requirements listed at http://s2017.siggraph.org/birds-feather
Members of the Los Angeles and Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters meet to discuss common interests and goals.
Leonard Daly, past Chair LA ACM SIGGRAPH and Rick Xu, Chair Shenzhen ACM SIGGRAPH will host the afternoon meetup with presentations by selected members of both chapters. The primary presentation topics are listed below with each chapter providing their unique expertise in each of those areas.
* Rick Xu (Chapter Chair): Intro of Shenzhen Chapter, overview of the CG industry - mainly about education, researches, animation and games in Shenzhen
* Raymond Li: Quick Introduction of Visualization for architecture and urban construction planning in Shenzhen
* Michael Liang: Foreign entrepreneurs in China CG Market
* Benjamin Chueng: Animation/VFX Production in Shenzhen and China
LA Chapter Presenters
* Leonard Daly (Past Chair): Intro of LA Chapter
* Ed Lantz (Chair): Future CG in Entertainment
* Joan Collins (Chair Emeritus): History of Chapter and ACM SIGGRAPH
* Kathleen Milnes (LA Chapter Education): Education of CG
* Craig Weiss (Head, CBS Digital): Merging Live Action and CG in VR Environments