addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Los Angeles Area Pagans & Witches Network Message Board › The Labyrinth of Jareth X (MASQUERADE)

The Labyrinth of Jareth X (MASQUERADE)

A former member
Post #: 83
Nope, just whatever the website says.
A former member
Post #: 41
I got a message from the person apparently in charge of ticket sales, and he said that tier 2 pricing starts around mid-April. I'm not sure if it says exactly when on the site or not. You totally need to go Ren!
A former member
Post #: 15
i'm going to see if i have the money after rent and bills from my check this week. if not i might end up paying the higher price but then i'm only going one night and not both

if i stay both night or if i go the first night i'm going to get a hotel room so i don;t have to worry about getting home so late at night and if i drink, lol

any one in for sharing the room and price?
A former member
Post #: 23
i just bought my two night tickets, $58.00 + $1.75 shipping. not too bad.

i'm palning on rent a hotel room for at least the first night. it depends on how much it is if i get it a 2nd night, lol

hope this thing is fun.
Ren
renspiritwork
Wake Forest, NC
Post #: 29
ack! still haven't bought them! o.o haha i SWEAR i'll do it tomorrow. I'm seriously excited about getting to wear my dress again. :D
A former member
Post #: 111
I'm going both nights, I think Tim will just come Saturday... so I might be looking for someone to come Friday and use my other ticket. I won't know for a month or two though. Saturday I'm also doing the pre-show dinner... mostly cuz I have some out of town friends who are going and it'd be fun to see them first. :)

I've already started trying out some mask making stuff... with mixed results... but I like how idea I had worked out, so I may use that for making Tim's and my masks. (I can make cool looking masks no problem, it's just making them comfy to wear while dancing that's the issue!).
A former member
Post #: 64
I'm going to the Saturday event. Um, I desperately need help for costume? I have one black gothy dress with a big cross on it that I want to start as my base outfit, and am thinking of getting black wings and some sort of mask (Raven, get it - huh huh). Those of you experienced with costuming, am I heading in the wrong direction? Does this idea sound stupid, or doable? HELP!
A former member
Post #: 112
That sounds totally doable. Here's what I'd suggest for a mask/dressing up your costume more:

Get a plain mask - like say one of these:
http://www.dickblick....­
I tend to use the plain Mardi Gras mask, but you can get other plain masks at costume stores and craft stores. Paint it black (or get a black velvet one to start with), then get black feathers and glue them on (also with this mask you need to attach ties yourself etc). Anyway, I then add stuff to the masks like for example:

- Fake flowers or leaves
- Beads
- More paint
- Leather etc.

You can also alter the masks with air-drying clay and so forth, though I've had issues with them getting too heavy.

Another handy thing is to get some wire - you can get any kind at most craft stores. You can use clay or your glue gun to cover the wire (with clay or fabric) leaving enough to twist the ends together. Then add feathers etc and you can use these for armbands etc.

I've been trying out making a mask out of wire and Sculpey Super Flex:
http://www.dickblick....­
Because this clay is flexable after baking I was able to create a unique mask that went on by hooking over the ears and covered only one eye. I'll try and remember to show it to you.

I would also be willing to make masks for people, as long as they pay me back for my time and materials. Simple masks would be $10 to $15. If you wanted a black raven mask with maybe silver metalic accents... and a beak too... I could probably do that for you for $15... but you'd need to let me know soon so I can order more supplies.

Hope that helps!
A former member
Post #: 65
Jessica,

Yes, it helps, and thanks for the advice. If I search for the wings, would you be willing to do the mask for me? I'll pay the $15. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job. I figure it's probably better that way since A, I trust you'll make a great mask, and B, I know I'll be severely pressed for time. I would really appreciate that. Let me know. In the meanwhile, I'll continue searching for supplies for the wings.

Many thanks!

~Heather
A former member
Post #: 114
Yeah, a mask shouldn't be a problem. Next time meetup I'll bring some of the masks I made so you can tell me what you like before I make one for you. I just figured out a way to make really light masks that look good too (http://www.artlair.co...­. Since we're gonna be dancing around etc. I think it's super importaint to have comfy masks :)

For yours I just need to get a lot of black feathers... and maybe some black and silver paint... and some black cord (I make my masks adjustable). :)