This is a get-together to see what interest there is for an ongoing Machine Learning meet-up in Luleå. Similar meet-ups already exist in other towns and cities (closest perhaps in Umeå) . A critical mass of people and business in this field is now building also in Luleå and the surrounding region. We expect to gather people working with Machine Learning or in a related areas, whether that be as an academic researcher, analyst at a tech oriented enterprise or as a hobby enthusiast.
Machine Learning is a wide and hard to define field. Topics of interest for this group could be Deep Learning, Statistical Learning, Scalable Methods for Big Data, Distributed TensorFlow, Image Analysis, Natural Language Processing, Bayesian Learning, Graph Analysis, Kaggle competitions, Predictive Maintenance, Algorithmic Trading, Reinforcement Learning, Sequence Models, Time-series Analysis or any other ML topic you think that you share an interest with others in.
A tentative agenda for the meeting is as follows
- very short self introduction by organisers and participants
- Daniel from Mobilaris mention a few words on their interests in ML
- RISE SICS North talks some on resources they can provide to the group
- collection of topics of interest for future meetings or focus groups
- general discussion on the purpose of the group
- fika and opportunity to mingle
The meeting is open for anyone interested. Please feel free to invite colleagues and friends interested in machine learning.