Tickets only available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/learn-to-debate-debating-masterclass-hosted-by-to-tickets-63084514481?aff=erelexpmlt
This is a free to attend event, but spaces are limited.
Come and join us to learn how to prepare, structure and deliver your argument in a formal debate. A Toastmasters meeting with a difference. All are welcome.
Kindly hosted by Paul Imre
What is a good debate?
If a proper debate is to add value to a problem that needs a solution then there are minimum standards that we should expect:
• Relevant rational arguments
• Use of reliable evidence
• Being able to convince others of the truths
• An allowance for cross-examination
Debating is essentially a tool for decision making.
Once the arguments have been made and the truths have been tested then we should, on balance, be able to make a good decision.
What to Expect
Hone your communication skills and improve your leadership abilities:
• Work in teams rather than as Toastmaster individuals
• Learn to argue points you would not ordinarily agree with
• Think on your feet in order to refute the opposing arguments
• Being able to respond to your own arguments being attacked
• Enhance your active listening skills
• Learn how to focus and respond under pressure and within strict time limits
• Constructing persuasive arguments
• Spotting *logical fallacies
• Getting to the heart of issues under discussion
• Winning the arguments while keeping the audience on your side
Enhancing Your Career
“I now submit my proposals after I have considered the downsides and alternatives”
- Lindsey Stout, Verizon Speakers