Welcome to the MOMS Club® of Worcester, MA!! Meet nearby moms from the City of Worcester, Shrewsbury, Boylston, West Boylston, Auburn & Leicester, Massachusetts for support, information and fun. If you live outside of this areas, please contact the International MOMS Club® at http://momsclub.org/ to find your closest chapter.
Process for joining -
1. Apply to moms club via meetup and answer all application questions, as well as agree to the code of conduct and liability consent as listed below.
2. We will review and approve your application for a free 2 month trial membership.
3. During the trial period come to an event, or many events, and lets get to know you and your family! (Note - you must attend a public event prior to attending an event at one of our Mom's houses)
4. If you decide to officially join MOMS Club, pay your dues of $25 a year via meetup or in person and enjoy being a part of a great community, friend group, and support system. You also gain access to our members only Facebook page. Dues cover Club fees and also community outreach events.
The MOMS Club® of Worcester, MA is a local chapter of the support group, International MOMS Club® (MOMS Offering Moms Support), for mothers interested in a variety of activities for themselves and their children, whether you stay-at-home, work-at-home, work part-time or full-time, or just want to get to know other mothers in the area. As our group was founded as a support group for stay-at-home moms, our activities primarily occur on weekdays, as that is the time that most stay-at-home parents need the most support. However, we do sometimes have evening events (for a couples night out or moms night out), or other family events on weekends. Activities include playgroups, monthly meetings, MOMS Nights Out, family events and movie nights. Our Mom2Mom program brings meals and support to MOMS who have just had a baby or are having a family emergency. We also conduct service projects, and organize special events and outings. Members are welcome and encouraged to suggest new activities.Our group is also a great resource for local information. We can be counted on to answer questions, offer advice and referrals, plan events, and just generally help to support members in the daunting task of full-time parenting.
And please note: Neither the MOMS Club of Worcester, MA, nor MOMS Club International endorse any advertisers.
International MOMS Club® and its chapters are a nonprofit corporation and a 501 (C) (3) publicly-supported charity registered with the IRS. We are proud to be able to do charity work to support our local communities.
By requesting to join the MOMS Club you must agree to the liability policy below as well as our code of conduct.
I , THE UNDERSIGNED, UNDERSTAND THAT MY PARTICIPATION AND THE PARTICIPATION OF ANY MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY IN ANY MOMS CLUB® ACTIVITY OR PROGRAMS IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY, AND WE HEREBY GIVE PERMISSION FOR ME AND MY FAMILY TO JOIN IN THOSE ACTIVITIES OR PROGRAMS. MY FAMILY SHALL HOLD HARMLESS THIS LOCAL MOMS CLUB®, THE MOMS CLUB® CORPORATION, ANY MOMS CLUB® VOLUNTEERS OR REPRESENTATIVES, PAID OR UNPAID, AND/OR THE PROVIDERS OF ANY ACTIVITY OR PROGRAM LOCATION AND/OR MATERIALS FROM ANY LIABILITY AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACCIDENT, ILLNESS OR INJURY THAT OCCURS DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ANY FUNCTION OR PROGRAM. I ACCEPT THAT THE FINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR MY SAFETY AND THAT OF MY FAMILY RESTS WITH ME.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Code of Conduct/Guidelines for CHILDREN: Our children are all getting to know one another and are going through different developmental phases. If an incident occurs requiring adult intervention, we all need to remember to focus on the behavior and not on the individual. We need to keep our children safe and aware of appropriate vs. inappropriate behavior. Each mother is responsible for the behavior of her own child(ren). We have to remember that there is not a wrong or right way of parenting and we should not judge each other. We all need to work together to monitor our children and support one another when our children go through aggressive behavioral phases. Please contact a board member if your child(ren) has special needs we should be aware of.
● Children should be considerate of and respectful toward other children, their mother and their property.
● Children will be removed from the immediate area by the mother when being disciplined for an amount of time to be determined by the mother.
● The mother will decide if the child should be removed from the activity for the rest of the day.
● If other members feel a mother is not handling discipline appropriately or if repeat unsafe behavior is occurring, the board will intervene.
Code of Conduct/Guidelines for MEMBERS: The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to establish guidelines for members at all MOMS Club functions or when interacting with other members. It will allow for the removal of members from the MOMS Club roster with dues forfeited if they violate the guidelines established and set forth herein after verbal and written warnings. The final decision will rest with the Executive Board.
● Members should be considerate of and respectful toward other members, their children and their property.
● Members should not misuse the MOMS Club roster or its contents as set forth in the Roster Disclaimer at the top of the document.
● If you have a problem with a member and don’t feel comfortable approaching the member (or if you didn’t have success approaching the member), please contact a board member.
● Please contact a board member if you are unhappy or uncomfortable with any aspect of the club involving these guidelines.
● Members will not attend any of the activities or playgroups if they or their child(ren) has a fever, pink eye, any infections which are being treated with antibiotics and began less than 24 hours prior to event, or any rash unless diagnosed by a doctor as benign. If a child has a cold with clear discharge, a mother will use her discretion as to whether the child should participate in activities. If the discharge is yellow or green the child should be kept home.
● The President needs to be notified of any serious contagious illness that a child develops.
● Play areas that children and their mothers will have access to must be free of hazardous items. These items may include: dirt, broken toys, pet hair, old discarded food and any other item (s) that may be ingested. Note – Play groups for tiny tots and toddlers especially need to have floors that have been cleaned up properly since at this age most children are on the floor.
● Members are not required to host.
● You are welcome to host at another location instead of your home.