MSP Multicultural Club Pages
Please do your part to make our events enjoyable for everyone!
EVENT HOST GUIDELINES
- Your Profile: Please take a minute to complete your profile questions and include a good photo. Our group was created to reach a specific audience and we'd like to know how your experiences relate to ours (click on "About us..." on the left banner).
- Event RSVPs: Please be considerate of the Event Hosts and venues. If you plans change, please update your RSVP as soon as possible.
- Events With Limited Space: If the event looks full, be sure to join the waiting list as spots often become available just prior to the event date. Event Hosts may give priority to members whose profiles match our group description and those without "No Shows" for previous events.
- Conduct: Inappropriate behavior may result in removal from our group and possible removal from the Meetup site.
We encourage any member with a great idea to lead an event or series of events. Just click on "Suggest a New Meetup" our group Home page and we'll get it approved and posted. Thank you for sharing your time and energy with this incredible group!
- Events: Activities must be consistent with the stated purpose of our group. We don't post events selling travel, language lessons, etc.; un-hosted festivals, fundraisers, etc.; recruiting volunteers, exchange student hosts, etc. Please don't simply cross-post events from other Meetup groups. Don't schedule an event that competes with what's already posted on our calendar.
- Hosting: We don't post events without a designated host for our group. It's important that members can interact with the leader and other group members to make personal connections. Consider asking someone to co-host as it makes it easier to manage if there's a large group and you also have a backup if anything should prevent you from getting to your event on time.
- RSVPs: Unless there's a specific reason to limit the number of attendees or set an RSVP deadline, events should be left open. Life is unpredictable and sometimes there are necessary last-minute RSVP changes. We want to enjoy our time with those who are able to attend and not concern ourselves with those who cannot. Please mark any member who RSVPd "Yes" but didn't attend as a “No Show”.
- Events With Limited Space: Event Hosts may give priority to members whose profiles match our group description and those without "No Shows" for previous events. If desired, please include in your event text (in bold): “This event has limited space. Priority will be given to members according to the group guidelines (click on the "Pages" link under the group banner).”
- Emails: Please don't send out repeated event notices, especially to the whole group. The automated email reminders are usually enough. We really want to keep the volume of emails on this group to a minimum.
- Arrive Early & Be Seen: You want to be there first so that your members aren't wondering if they have the wrong time or place. Make sure our members can find your group by using table top signs or providing name tags. If it's a large or outdoor event, provide your cell phone number and let people know you're wearing a pink hat, a Hawaiian shirt, or something easy to spot.
- Make Connections: Introduce yourself when someone new arrives. Introduce members to each other. Ask good questions. Make others feel welcome and part of the group.
- Follow-up: Post a "thank you" on the event page and check for feedback to help make your next event is even better!