What we're about
Upcoming events (5)
Moving Draft to Arena for the moment. Looking to leverage http://mtgadraft.herokuapp.com/ to allow us to draft on the website and then import our decks to Arena to play our games. The only rule is that you need to have enough cards in Arena or enough wildcards to convert whatever card you pick.
Before the event started, I'll message everyone with the session ID and the Hangouts link so we can all be on and talk while we draft (to give us some normalcy). After that, we can get our games in and I'll come up with some kind of prize support.
Event will be free and I'm looking to provide a first place prize (most likely digital sleeve code or similar).
We will meet on Discord here:
This event is on hiatus due to covid-19. I will update it again when we resume playing again in person.
Before coming out! Text me[masked]
This is to verify the meeting is still taking place. Sometimes we switch day of week it is happening or the location.
The focus of this meetup is to play/test the Vintage format. The environment is casually competitive.
Typical meetup size is 2-8 players.
All you need to bring is yourself and a desire to play the best format in Magic. We have plenty of proxied decks available so you can try out different archtypes.
Location is 5 minute walk from the Dunn Loring metro.Visitor parking passes are available if you plan to drive. Text me your car make, model and license plate number and I will have a pass ready for you.
April 1st starts our first league meet at the Board and Brew. $30 Entry fee pays for six packs, three drafted on week one and three for your sealed pool. Prizes will be distributed at the end of each month. Drafts will be played every Wednesday to increase card pool, and contributes toward the league's prize pool.
Week One (First week of each new league month)
• $30 Entry fees Required
• Receive 3 packs for sealed pool
• 7:00pm - Receive 3 packs for draft
• Minimum deck size of 40 cards
• No restrictions for duplicates of non-basic land cards in decks
• Cards not in deck after deck construction can be used for sideboard
Week Two - Four (Each week following Week One of each new league)
• 7:00pm - $15 Draft to add to card pool (optional)
• participating in draft as a league member increases prize pool outcome
• Minimum deck size of 60 cards
• Decks cannot have more than 4 duplicates of any cards that is not a basic land
• Cards not in your deck can be used for sideboard
• All League Matched must be played and documented at the Board and Brew.
• Maximum of five ranked matched can be recorded per week
• If you miss one or all ranked matches during a given week you can make-up matched during the following week.
• League play will not be charged the usual game fee (exceptions apply, more information below)
EXCEPT Thursday night**, Friday night**, all day Saturday, and Sunday midday***..
** "Nighttime" defined to be "at or after 7 pm"
Late to the Party
• You can join the league any Wednesday after Week One but will be required to deck construction rule for that week.
•You will still be eligible for full prize support
• prizes will be given to the top half of finishing participants each month
• the prize pool will start at twelve packs for eight players, an additional four packs for each draft till the end of each league month
This is the weekly Brawl event hosted on Arena.
What is Brawl? Brawl is a constructed format using 60 cards. Brawl decks have a "Commander" and 59 additional cards. The deck can't contain more than one copy of any card (except basic lands). Your commander lives in the "command zone" and when they die, you can recast them over and over. Its a fantastic format for anyone that isn't heavily invested in Arena but has random cards they don't use- turn those singleton cards and jank into a fun Brawl deck!
Format: Friendly Brawl. Be sure to choose "Friendly Brawl" over "Brawl." Normal Brawl only allows Standard cards, whereas Friendly Brawl lets you reach back into all the cards ever released on Arena. At this time Arena only supports 1v1 for Brawl, so we'll do an unofficial bracket to play through the night. I encourage folks to build fun, creative and interactive decks. Sure you could load it up with 40 counterspells but who is going to enjoy that?
Rewards: Well there is no prize support, but we will post the winners each week to the Meetup boards and Discord, so you'll get bragging rights at least. Just be prepared, if you come out with a tryhard combo deck, we will be gunning for you the next week!
Where: We'll meet on Discord. https://discord.gg/dnHrwP7acF