Machine Intelligence Garage and Satellite Application Catapult are collaborating to bring you a meetup exploring novel approaches to analysing and interpreting earth observation (EO) data.
We will look at satellite technology and the advances made in recent years to improve image quality and availability. We will then discover how the latest advances in machine learning are being applied to EO data and how that is built into ML models. We will see specific use cases in commercial and non-commercial contexts and of course finish with a chance to chat over drinks and pizza.
18:00 Doors open
19:00 Talks start:
1. Satellite applications catapult - Satellite technology
2. European Space Agency - AI/ML on EO images
3. David Petit (Deimos Space) - EO data in commercial AI models
4. Mike Button (ChAI) - Satellite images for predicting manufacturing resource availability
5. Prem Gill (British Antarctic Survey) - Seals from space
20:30 Drinks and pizza