AIMS/MIIA Event on AI & Data Science
Venue: AIMS South Africa main lecture hall, 6 Melrose Road
Date: 5 December 2017
Time: Refreshments 18h30 - 19h00, talks commence at 19h00
• "DIANA - Data, Insight, Analytics, Newness, Aspirations" - Prof Pete Grindrod, Oxford University
• "AI in Africa - Shaping a better future in the Smart Technology Era" - Dr Jacques Ludik, Machine Intelligence Institute of Africa, Cortex Logic
• "Reproducible Research" - Dr Sebnem Er, Statistical Sciences Department, University of Cape Town
• “Customer Lifetime Value based on Machine Learning methods” - Dr Thuso Simon, Data Science, Zoona
• "Computational Neuroscience - Thinking About Thinking” - Mr Chris Currin, PhD Computational Neuroscience candidate, University of Cape Town
Reception will precede the commencement of the event.
Please confirm your attendance at the event here (https://goo.gl/forms/SSxSzriC8AFpsndX2) for planning purposes.