Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence has a wide variety of exciting applications. Come explore these applications and collectively improve and grow with like minded people. Join us for our monthly meetings where we discuss a variety of topics and methods for teaching machines how to think and improve.
Group communication policies:
At ML and AI Ottawa we strive to put on the best events possible in an inclusive and welcoming environment. As we have grown we thought it wise to set out some core principles that we will use to guide the group into the future.
1) No SPAM - we promise the only notifications you will receive will be about the events you sign up for. If you don't even want these you can change your communication settings on meetup.com
2) Discussion boards - these are for discussion only. Recruiting is restricted to sponsors of the events. All sponsors job postings are restricted to machine learning/AI job postings. No general recruiting.
3) The events are run by volunteers. Our goal is to put on great events. Please be understanding if we take a bit of time responding - this isn't our job.
4) Privacy. We don't want your personal information. We don't keep your personal information. If any personal information is collected (ie. email addresses for a draw) we delete the information on completion of the draw. We only use it for the purpose it was gathered for which will be communicated transparently in the collection.
5) Think something else should be included here? Let us know :)
*** NOTE: This event is on a Wednesday and not on our regular Mondays. ***
For our last event before we break for the summer, we're hosting a Poster Session and Social!
We wanted to give our members a chance to show us what they've been up to and use this as an opportunity to open doors for feedback and future collaborations. Have something you’ve been working on and would like the chance to share it with the rest of the Meetup? Send in an abstract of what you’d like to present for a chance to present to industry, enthusiasts and academics alike!
The deadline for submitting abstracts is June 18th. Spots will be limited and all individuals are responsible for printing and hanging their own poster.
All submissions to be sent to [masked]. Once you've been approved, you will receive a confirmation email with more details.
6:30 Poster Check-in
7:10 Arrival & Networking
8:00-8:30 Post talk networking & discussion