- MLT __init__ Session #3: SENet
📌 Session #3 –Squeeze-and-Excitation Networks
📌 Paper Reading & Discussion
MLT __init__ is a monthly event led by Jayson Cunanan and J. Miguel Valverde where a paper is first presented by a volunteer and then discussed among all attendees. Our goal is to give participants good initializations to study Deep Learning effectively. We also hope to promote collaboration between participants. We will try to achieve this by:
* Discussing fundamental papers whose key ideas apply to state-of-the-art models.
* Providing the audience with summaries, codes, and visualizations to help understand the critical parts of a research paper.
📌 Presenter: Alisher Abdulkhaev, MLT Board Director & Community Lead
We allocate most of the time for discussion and kindly ask participants to read the paper in advance and join the session with at least two questions or comments in mind. These can be parts of the research paper that you think is interesting or unclear. For instance: What did you like the most about this paper? What did you learn? What did you not understand?
––– Session structure –––
● 5:00-5:05 pm Introduction
● 5:05-5:30 pm Presentation
● 5:30-6:30 pm Discussion
📌 Join Zoom Meeting
📌 SPEAKER BIO
Alisher Abdulkhaev is a Computer Vision Engineer working for Browzzin — an AI-powered fashion social app. He is also pursuing his Ph.D. degree at the University of Tsukuba. His research interest is to implement data and computationally efficient deep learning algorithms. He is a board director and community lead at MLT. Related links: https://alisher-ai.github.io | https://twitter.com/alisher_ai
* J. Miguel Valverde is a Ph.D. student at the University of Eastern Finland working on Rodent MRI Segmentation with Deep Learning. He has multiple research experiences across Europe and Japan. In his free time, he enjoys nature, learning languages, programming, and making food. https://twitter.com/jmlipman
* Jayson Cunanan is an AI Researcher/Engineer at AI inside. He obtained a Ph.D. in Mathematics at Nagoya University and was awarded the JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018. In his free time, he loves playing the guitar. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jayson-cunanan-phd/
● Find more information, the videos, and materials from previous sessions in https://github.com/Machine-Learning-Tokyo/__init__
● MLT PATRON
Become a MLT Patron and help us to keep MLT meetups like this inclusive and for free. https://www.patreon.com/MLTOKYO
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter: https://mltokyo.ai/membership-join
● FIND MLT RESOURCES
MLT events are for community building and knowledge sharing. We politely ask that company representatives, recruiters and consultants looking to hire or sell their services do not participate in MLT activities or approach members in any form.
● CODE OF CONDUCT
MLT promotes an inclusive environment that values integrity, openness, and respect. https://github.com/Machine-Learning-Tokyo/MLT_starterkit