This group is for all manner of activities related to nature and the outdoors. Events in this meetup will vary - examples include:
• Canoeing and kayaking
• Beach parties
• Cookouts, bonfires, and picnics
• Hikes and nature walks
• Nature appreciation and/or educational events
• Visits to zoos, conservationists, etc.
• Gardening events and classes
• Sports and other fun stuff in a local park
• Outdoor Madison events
• Ski-ing, snow-shoeing, and other fun winter activities
• Hay rides and harvest festivals
• Lots of other stuff!
My goal with this group is to get people out and about in Madison and surrounding areas.
Since I want the group to be as inclusive as possible, most events will be family-friendly. If an event is explicitly not family-friendly, I will mention as such in the event description, and urge co-organizers to follow these same guidelines with their events.
Who should join?
• Anyone who wants to get outside and have fun - whether it be hiking, sports, outdoor concerts, etc.
• Anyone who loves gardening, botany, conservation, or anything else related to nature.
• Anyone looking for family-friendly/kid-friendly activities.
• People who are new to Madison, or who just want to get to know it a little bit more.